Wanted: Trimmer

blueeyes

Anyone selling a trimmer, I have the Lee Delux Trimmer and Die but it seems to be cutting the cases at an angle so on the look out for a replacement Pm with details many thanks

Mr B

RCBS one is good and not “too” expensive.. it has little studs on the casting which either need to slot into the base (sold seperately) or some recessed holes in your bench to make it stable.

blueeyes

I have a lee zip trim with three jaw chuck on it bit fiddly for me (arthritis),i have used a few times but i prefer the ball and cutter or the lee die trimmer,,, still in box if your interested 15quid posted.
Thanks bud but I am moving away from the Lee cutters tks

Effnjeff

Anyone selling a trimmer, I have the Lee Delux Trimmer and Die but it seems to be cutting the cases at an angle so on the look out for a replacement Pm with details many thanks

Is the Trimmer or die faulty? It sounds like you may have turned the cutting depth adjuster too far.

blueeyes

Is the Trimmer or die faulty? It sounds like you may have turned the cutting depth adjuster too far.
They are both new , and according to Lee the die is the up to date model to stop the case turning in the die which it doesnt how can you adjust to far tks

Effnjeff

They are both new , and according to Lee the die is the up to date model to stop the case turning in the die which it doesnt how can you adjust to far tks

I’ve used the Lee Quick Trim Deluxe for a few years on seven cartridges so far and have been happy with the results except right at the beginning when I accidentally adjusted the cutter trim length adjuster too far, where it broke and tilted to one side. It was replaced under warranty, but if I had continued to use it I think it would have cut the case mouths slanted. Maybe you have done this?

blueeyes

I’ve used the Lee Quick Trim Deluxe for a few years on seven cartridges so far and have been happy with the results except right at the beginning when I accidentally adjusted the cutter trim length adjuster too far, where it broke and tilted to one side. It was replaced under warranty, but if I had continued to use it I think it would have cut the case mouths slanted. Maybe you have done this?
it looks ok and square to me will try without the chamfers see what happens