Trip to US coming up....

Sprocker101

I have a trip coming up to the states... I plan on making a visit or two to Bass pro shop etc, but what’s best to get over there that isn’t easy to get in Blighty, or extremely expensive here compared to there?

Some sitka gear or kuiu clothing is on the list to look out for and will have a look at prices on Vortex glass, but other than that I’m not sure?

Tom D

Kuiu don/t sell in stores I believe so your best bet is order it now and have it delivered to wherever you are going to be staying.

Swedish

I find the bargains to be had are on American made or American branded stuff. You'll not usually find bargains on European made equipment. Also always double check prices between Basspro and Cabelas, they are the same company now and often run the same items cheaper in one than the other.

Klenchblaize

My advise is dump the list and go with the flow. So to speak.

I downloaded app links to all the products I had my eye on ahead of my visit to Cabela' s and ended up getting only one. All my other purchases were either fantastically priced limited Sale items or impulse buys based on being able to feel the quality and try for size and fit if clothing.

Also remember they won't have the best stock of fall/winter hunting clothing during Summer but perhaps that kicks-in during mid to late August so you may get lucky.

I also dumped the idea of bringing back 5000 Berger bullets but no doubt I'll be called s Muppet for airing on the side of caution.

K

paul o'

Have a look at the under armour gear and redhead gear such like ,this time of year there be some silly deals to be had , become a outdoor world member and get even more off :D

Sprocker101

KB
Thanks. I'm hoping to find some random stuff on clearance/sale.
Won't be there for few weeks yet, so they'll have the winter/autumn gear out.
Swedish, yeah I remember being there before and seeing the prices of the European stuff being about the same.

shotguntom

I was over with work the other week in Canada and bought a redhead jacket from BassPro for a good price.

I've only used it the once and its comfortable and silent, but no chance to test it in the rain yet.

flying felix

Not only will they deliver to your hotel/ villa etc, but you can also arrange for items to be collected from a particular shop. Bass Pro will take non US credit cards online but Cabelas do not any more.

Klenchblaize

Those super lightweight summer stalking gloves with grippy spots on where reduced to $8 at Cabela' s. Also picked up a $260 lightweight silent gortex camo jacket for $80.

K

Cootmeurer

Every Cabelas, and most of the BassPros have a section in the back called Bargain Cave. Never sure what they will have, as it is often returns or one-offs but some great deals can be had. Usually have quite a clothing and shoe/boot selection, and then it is a grab bag. I picked up a Pelican Long a Rifle case for $75 a few years back, because it supposedly had a faulty latch (it didn't). I know the going price on those was $285 at the time because I had purchased (actually militarily requisitioned) several for my self and others prior to our trip to the "beach without water" in the Middle East.

You can also pre-browse the bargains online - in the Bargain Cave - but this will only list discontinued items. The one offs are still pure luck.

Alfie White

I recommend you visit a sportsmans warehouse if you come across one. Although normally smaller that the brass pro shops, Personally I preferred them as they were more hunting and shooting orientated.