Trophy hunting businesses banned from shooting show NEC

wboulter

Trophy-hunting businesses targeting big-game hunters in Britain have been banned from a shooting show after public objections.
The NEC in Birmingham said that it would no longer be welcoming safari operators selling hunting trips for sport at the Great British Shooting Show in February.
Campaigners had gathered 30,000 signatures demanding that the venue revoke admission for ten safari operators that wanted to market their tours to shoot lions, elephants and other big game in Africa. The announcement by the NEC yesterday came after organisers had earlier defended the safari operators’ appearance at the show as “controversial”.

Is anyone surprised though .
Majority yet again giving into the minority .
It’s a shooting show therefore shooting folk make the decision who attends by the bookings or otherwise .
Should boycott the show altogether in future if that’s their attitude.
Unfortunately it's not the majority giving in to the minority. It's the other way around: The majority of public opinion is against the minority who are trophy hunters.
However, it is discrimination against a minority group, which I thought wasn't the done thing these days. Every other kind of minority group (ethnic, religious, economic etc) seems to get all the help and support it needs.

Unfortunately it's not the majority giving in to the minority. It's the other way around: The majority of public opinion is against the minority who are trophy hunters.
However, it is discrimination against a minority group, which I thought wasn't the done thing these days. Every other kind of minority group (ethnic, religious, economic etc) seems to get all the help and support it needs.

This is the issue with collectivist policies and politics.

If you take intersectionality far enough you end up with the smallest minority of all - the individual. And each individual has rights and freedoms that should not be encroached upon, and those rights and freedoms are always at risk from the mob and from the government as is clearly the case here.

Once you get that, you're a libertarian.

I also find it utterly terrifying how quickly the general public can go from "I dont like that very much" to "it should be banned". I'm not expecting personal freedom to survive very long in the face of it TBH...

Makes no odds what type of hunting it is mate .At a shooting show ,shooters are the majority no matter the objectors .People going to that show should of asked the question of where the African hunts were .

Makes no odds what type of hunting it is mate .At a shooting show ,shooters are the majority no matter the objectors .People going to that show should of asked the question of where the African hunts were .
Yes, at that show, shooters are the majority. But in the population as a whole they are not. Trophy hunters are an even smaller part of the population as a whole. Therefore, pressure on the NEC by the majority (general public) has resulted in discrimination against a minority group (trophy hunters). Makes no odds how many shooters attend the show - they're still a minority in the general scheme of things.

Hi guys it’s not the bss that has banned the safari businesses it is the nec , bss are trying to resolve there position and fully support the hunting industry . Nec stance is on safari trophy hunting and they haven’t thought it through there was no mention of other trophy hunting ie uk outfits .... bss are in talks to try and resolve .

Here we go is the beginning of the end for Fieldsports in the U.K. ? I hope
Not . . Fox hunting first . . Hunting with dogs next . . Then Packham’s bird shooting ban. . And now this . .

Whoever you are that’s reading this make no mistake YOU WILL be next . . Time to get political before The politically correct GET YOU !!!!

No I don't agree with 'canned' lion hunting . . No I don't shoot pheasants . . No I don't hunt foxes on horseback . . No I don't go hare coursing . . No I don't shoot grouse . . No I don't hunt elephants or giraffes . . No I don't gas badgers . . and bo I'm not a trophy hunter . . But I will defend anyone’s right to do so till the end of time . .

While most shooters are cliquishly protecting their own 'wee bit 'o grun' the well connected antis are using every modern means possible to get their point across and brainwashing the ignorant across the world into believing they are right . .

But I do know this much kid yourself if you like these antis will stop at nothing till all shooting and country sports in this country are made illegal so get political or face what's coming to you when there's no one left to speak out for you !!!

So why go ?? if we don't they will run at a loss ?? i'd love it to move back to a venue and a better place that reflects our sport and the Countryside not some overprice shat hole like the NEC

Reactions: TH4
As all of our site contributors have stated, let's vote with our feet, Im sure that some enterprising group of shooters can, and will come up with a better reflectrive, and supportive venue

Patrick

So the antis got it banned.What next now the balls rolling let’s stand at the gates and protest or let’s get the whole show banned?.Shooters voting with their feet will be slow if signing the petition is anything to go by.

Something else not generally known to you guys is the Game Fair did it in a sly way. There were no outfitters there as part of the contract said anyone offering holidays, which they class a Safari as, must be ATOL/ABTA certified!! This is a UK scheme which SA operators cannot get. I personally think all of the Game Fairs will follow suit soon.

Back