Try before you buy?

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!

john444334

I contacted Rfd about trying a couple of different calibres before deciding on a calibre and ordering the new gun through them.
I was told it would be ok if I paid for amo and there range charge of £30 and to call back the day before I came. "a range charge I thought that was a bit steep but hey"
A few days later I called again to arange the visit, I was told as I did not have these two calibres on my ticket there would be a further £50 instructors charge on top of the £30 range charge and two boxes of amo.
All I really wanted was 2 shots with 2 different calibres! With what a friend pays for his rounds that would of been another £65 on top.
Is there anyone that offers this service?

kennyc

I contacted Rfd about trying a couple of different calibres before deciding on a calibre and ordering the new gun through them.
I was told it would be ok if I paid for amo and there range charge of £30 and to call back the day before I came. "a range charge I thought that was a bit steep but hey"
A few days later I called again to arange the visit, I was told as I did not have these two calibres on my ticket there would be a further £50 instructors charge on top of the £30 range charge and two boxes of amo.
All I really wanted was 2 shots with 2 different calibres! With what a friend pays for his rounds that would of been another £65 on top.
Is there anyone that offers this service?
Steve Beatty at Ivythorn , unfortunately he is a long way from you in Somerset, are there no local clubs where you could go on a guest day? or do you not have any friends with said calibres?

Gaz

I am in Mid Wales which maybe not to far from you depending where in Shropshire you are. I have a 270 or 243 you could try and I'm sure one of my mates would give you a couple of shots with his 308. Send me a PM if interested. Gaz

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!