Trying to import Taxidermy from Romania to the UK

just had a black bear shipped from Montreal to London.
Cost was …… £1470 inc shipping, vets and handling fees.
I then had to pay the import agent here

Expensive job
Just out of interest who did you use for this? I've currently got a Whitetail at the taxidermist in Alberta and need to get it to Scotland 🤦🏻‍♂️

Cheers for your reply mate, I was planning on taking it home via my house contents but the paperwork is holding me back 👎🏻
Yes it’s a pain. You need find a customs agent over there and get them to send it. If you email Martin at quest then he will prob be able to recommend someone .
Moving back to U.K. from Alberta ? I think there is nicer !

Cheers mate, Ive been here just under two years with work and due to go home now.

I've been told by the UK I need a CITES export cert from Canada to get it back.... CITES Canada are telling me I don't need one 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Cheers mate, Ive been here just under two years with work and due to go home now.

I've been told by the UK I need a CITES export cert from Canada to get it back.... CITES Canada are telling me I don't need one 🤦🏻‍♂️.
You don’t as it’s not a cites listed animal but if I was you I’d either integrate it into your luggage somehow or I’d take to an export agent you can find. I’ll try find the details of mine but she was in Quebec

Back