Two .22 Choices CZ OR p94s

NEMESIS

If you had to choose between a nice S/H P94S Finnfire and a NEW CZ 452... WHAT WOULD YOU GO FOR.. in terms of accuracy.
Cheers for any advice
Anthony

I shot a heavy barreled Finnfire last Saturday along side my BRNO #2. Groups were comparable. That said, the owner of the Finnfire said that his wife has fired 10 shot, half inch groups at 100 yards with it using RWS Match. I haven't used that grade of ammo in my Brno but at 50 with plain old PMC Rifle Match I have shot a ragged hole at 50 perhaps 1/4" CTC for 10 shots. ~Muir

If price isn't an issue , finnfire all day long , had one and sold it what a silly boy , superb rifle , just like a mini CF . No doubt the cz will be as accurate but for me the finish and quality of the finnfire stands out. I'm quite a gun tart and looks play a part in for me , I've now a Annie thumbhole and to me its as good as the finnfire , trigger isn't but the thumbhole stock and short barrel suit my needs better , but would have another finnfire at the drop of a hat
Rgds
Craig

only you have seen the finnfire ask if you can return it if not happy with it the cee zee will have a full warranty buyer beware

I have both and to be honest i find nothing in it accuracy wise, If i had to choose one over the other it would be the Finnfire it will be the last rifle that i would sell from my cabinet.

brnoRED.jpg%7E320x480

This ugly old Brno/CZ will keep good HV hunting ammo inside a 1" circle at 100 yards if I mind the wind gods. Match ammo will shoot as well as I can hold. Unquestionably accurate and I can use it hard and not fret the scratches...~Muir

Steve Pope at Swift Precision did my 17hm2 barrel for me, 2 cross-bolts and its done, although it wears the standard "skinny" 22 barrel most of the time.

To my eternal shame I did "junk" my first Finnfire (a horrible sinking feeling!) by just giving the clamp screw on a Sportsmatch one-piece mount "an extra tweak" and it bloody well cracked the action along the dovetail groove! Merde. Had to buy another. :( Lesson learned..use a proper torque driver.

Atb

Fizz
:cool:

I've had both.

CZ was great - accurate and reliable. I couldn't really fault it.

Finnfire is no more accurate, but feels nicer and the trigger is better.

I sold my CZ when the chance to buy a Finnfire came up.

Cheers,

Bob

To my eternal shame I did "junk" my first Finnfire (a horrible sinking feeling!) by just giving the clamp screw on a Sportsmatch one-piece mount "an extra tweak" and it bloody well cracked the action along the dovetail groove!
Atb

Fizz

If the receiver can be cracked by a bit of pressure from a cheap alloy scope ring, I'm glad I would have chosen the 452

Neil. :)

If the receiver can be cracked by a bit of pressure from a cheap alloy scope ring, I'm glad I would have chosen the 452

I think I might be the only person ever to have achieved this?

But then a 4 screw plate on a one-piece mount exerts a lot of pressure....even if there were only 2 bearing on the section of the receiver forward of the port. If it had been a cheap and nasty alloy it would have given before the action.....which would have saved the head and heartache... dunno me own strength sometimes. I now use a torque driver on everything.

Rumour hath it that Sportsmatch make the mounts for AI does it not?

Sportsmatch are hardly of the of the quality of your average 1960's Japanese motorcycle bolt.

Fizz

Last edited:
I think I might be the only person ever to have achieved this?

But then a 4 screw plate on a one-piece mount exerts a lot of pressure....even if there were only 2 bearing on the section of the receiver forward of the port. If it had been a cheap and nasty alloy it would have given before the action.....which would have saved the head and heartache... dunno me own strength sometimes. I now use a torque driver on everything.

Rumour hath it that Sportsmatch make the mounts for AI does it not?

Sportsmatch are hardly of the of the quality of your average 1960's Japanese motorcycle bolt.

Fizz

It's still extruded alloy versus steel, there should only be one winner.

Back