Two things?

Norfolk Horn

I went to Sandringham county fair at the weekend and two things I notice regarding all the dogs being taken round the fair which you wouldn't have seen a few years back
One. Nearly all the labradors were red and not a decent yellow dog to be seen which is a shame, but I suppose that's fashion
Two. Majority of the dogs had more kit on than a bad mannered stallion. What with halters around there muzzle, great big harness which they could pull a cart in and great big thick collars.
Or any combination of the above and this was on gundog breeds. Now occasionally you did see a nice relaxed rope slip lead.
Now I dont class myself as any special dog man, but really dressing up boxes or cant train the dog I didn't ask as the wife had me in check.
Ill stop moaning as obviously just old and grumpy and I suppose each to there own.
I was glad I said two things as I nearly started ranting about dress like your on a days shoot .
Sorry it's out now

dodgyknees

Any of these tacticool dog vests on display @Norfolk Horn?

ED8CFA85-8D64-4050-92FA-62846236E7C4.jpeg

Laughed when I read "the wife had me in check". I know that feeling. What kind of lead does she have you on? Mine uses an electric training collar.

Norfolk Horn

Any of these tacticool dog vests on display @Norfolk Horn?

View attachment 136422

Laughed when I read "the wife had me in check". I know that feeling. What kind of lead does she have you on? Mine uses an electric training collar.
I dont know about that type of tactical jacket but one black lab had a pink harness, collar and lead on, just glad dogs are colour blind.
I must be better trained than you as the look and a quiet word seems to keep me behaving

Old-YOP

The Karenswood harness I bought for my Irish terrier has 'Service Dog' labelling, intended to irritate my wife when everyone started asking what it means.

She trumped me.

Now - according to her - it's there because the pup's mentally ill owner needs the dog's help.

foxdropper

Can’t understand traipsing the dogs around anyway .Serves no purpose at all and as for the dress ,know what you mean mate .
Compensating for not getting out I’d say .
Makes me smile when I see an entourage of spano’s ,labs ,all panting like hell and the owner looking like he’s just picked up at Gatcombe Park .
The other end of the spectrum is the leash of running dogs that look as iffy as the owner that definitely stopped off for a run ,pre gate opening and terriers that have blatantly done a few sessions in the dark .
Pointless exercise for me ,leave all that for when it does matter .

Big Mat

Don't get me started on the red labs, you try getting a decent red lab round here without paying a fortune, or it having a tiny head and a spindly tail, all due to one breeder! Hence why I have a yellow !

It's all about fashion these days, I was going to go to Sandringham, but mum said did I want to go to the steam fair near Ely instead so we went there instead, and it was a far better day than wandering round stalls of over priced junk and tripping over all the small dogs on Flexi leads or bull lurchers

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk