• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • See how to change the advert prefix to Sold:.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: TX9 Foxpro Wildfire Handset

Sans Culottes

Hi

My TX9 Foxpro Wildfire caller handset has "gone on the blink". Does anyone have a handset they would like to sell?

Many thanks

Chris

bobjs

can you tell me what’s it’s doing/not doing,

inhave fixed a few over the years but i can’t promise you anything,

i am willing to have a look look at it for you,

regards

bob

Sans Culottes

Hi Bob

When I press the power button to turn it off, it says "release button to power off" I release the button and it stays on.

Do you think it's fixable?

Cheers

Chris

bobjs

Hi Bob

When I press the power button to turn it off, it says "release button to power off" I release the button and it stays on.

Do you think it's fixable?

Cheers

Chris

hi chris

it could be contamination in the key pad. ( this could water or just bad luck)

i had a spitfire remote that would switch on.....then switch its self off, this was down to the keypad being wet, i cleaned it with circuit board cleaner sealed it and as far as i know it’s still o,,

bob

bobjs

Hi Chris

the unit is here safe and sound bud

I will be on the case later tonight or over the weekend.

regards

bob.

bobjs

hi chris

i tried everything i know to reset the unit but it did only once switch off as it should and then returned to the same fault,

as agreed i have fitted a on off micro switch, to switch on just flip the switch down,

switching off, press and hold the off button as you would do on the remote, and when it says release to power off just flip the switch, this will switch the unit to standby and maintain the battery level for longer life etc.

will be shipped back on wednesday as i have some treatment in hospital coming up and i will be able to get to the post office on wednesday,

regards

bob.