Tyres poping of the rim WHY

defender-kris

Hi All
I have a hilux with alloys and some times when I have been off road.
I awake the next day to find the one of the tyres flat as a witches tit:mad:.
Why could this be is it because of the alloys ?

Kris.

alloy corrosion
very common

pump it up and run a weak soapy solution round the rim (easier off the vehicle when flat)
you will probably see the soap foaming where it is seeping past the seal

Thanks lads it has been pi$$ing me off I was going to get some steel rims by I will try some of that rim bead first

kris

got a set of steels from a nissan 56 /ford ranger 58 used to have my snow tyres on em, thay are for sale inc nuts if thay are any use pm me

If it is corroded rims you could put tubes in. We have done this with our old Dihatsue. I think there is a technical reason why you shouldn't and some tyre fitting places won't do it but it works for us.

could it be mud getting wedge between the rim an tyre, ive had trouble with this a few times, I was running larger offset, and find my tyres rubbing hard against the ruts causing the mud to wedge in,

could it be mud getting wedge between the rim an tyre, ive had trouble with this a few times, I was running larger offset, and find my tyres rubbing hard against the ruts causing the mud to wedge in,

we get this with farm machinery quite a lot when runing in heavy mad or bad ruts, tyre is take off the rim and cleaned solves it most of time.

Andy7mm

This can be a symptom of mismatched tyre size and rims. ... e.g. when chavs fit over-fat low-profile tyres to original rims, or fandango wheels meant for another vehicle.

Not suggesting this applies in your case of course, but as it's not OE is the tyre size compatible with the rim width? I don't mean the rim diameter.

Its actually as dry as a witches tit....

as in "get me a pint, my throat's as dry as a witches tit"

corrosion on inside of rim, seen all the time, wheel off, wire brush the rim inner edge, bead grease tyre on job done.

dry as a nun's
flat as a witches
cold as a well diggers arse

I suppose that 'dry' 'flat' and 'cold' would describe most witches tits, no wonder they are not popular. I am off to the pup my mouth is as dry as a nuns gusset.

Back