Vacuum Packer

Terry2016

Looking to purchase a vacuum packer for food, and wondered what models you guys use if any?

What kind of money should I be spending, I have seen some very cheap with good ratings and some in the thousands?

This is the one I bought and it hasn't let me down yet. I also picked up a mincer from the same site and that's still going strong also.

ALDI one here too. Three year warranty tucks away in the cupboard. Plenty of choice for bags or rolls. Unless you’re processing larger amounts do you need more?

I found the lidl one great for dry goods. But with meat, it was difficult to stop the liquids getting drawn into the bonding area and having difficulty getting a seal.
Any tips anyone?

I found the lidl one great for dry goods. But with meat, it was difficult to stop the liquids getting drawn into the bonding area and having difficulty getting a seal.
Any tips anyone?
I use the vacuum rolls and cut the bags quite large. Then put the meat right at the bottom of package. If you keep the bottom corners tight it draws the air out before the blood gets to the top.

Try the first.

Also get the rolls with the criss cross sealing design on the inside. They seal much better.

Andrew James vacuum packer has been reliable for 5+ years now and Ive used it mainly for fish. Need to be careful that whatever you pack is dry otherwise it will pull liquid into the vacuum pump. Ive used a small piece of kitchen towel stuffed into the top of the bag to absorb any liquid that is getting pulled into the top under vacuum before it seals it but this is more likely to happen with fish than with meat. I also find the rolls better and less wasteful than the bags. Double seal each end.

I have andrew james one, only had it a few months but it has done several Soay sheep and a roe, it feels like a quality product. I'm using the rolls too. The integrated roll holder and cutter is really handy too.

Its this one...https://www.andrewjamesworldwide.com/kitchen-c1/preservation-c13/vacuum-sealer-c64/professional-food-vacuum-sealer-p114/s177

Another +1 for Lidl. Good value for the money and does the job. If I was being extremely picky the sealing port seems to be set a bit further back than in other more pricey models and the foam seal does displace quite easily? Seal easily reseated but deeper setting means that you tend to end up cutting the bags/roll a bit longer which obviously increases cost on consumables if you’re doing lots of packing? Works for me though :thumb:

Back