Varget, how much ?

HarrisonDeerServices

Morning all,

Popped into sportsman yesterday to pick up fresh 1lb pot of Varget only to be told that it was a mind blowing £46! I'm sure my last one cost £36. Can any one comment on their prices locally, may have to go else where next time? Any one think that price is too much ?

Regards

Carl.

PKL

paid £35 at borders gunroom a couple months ago. £46!!! what a joke...honestly, the price we pay for components in this country is a farce...50 noslers costing over £50, and equivalent US rate is about £17.

jordang

I bought a tub last week, it was priced at 45, but I got em down to 40 pretty easily. Im thinking about saving up and buying a big 8lb tub tbh.

laphroaig

I purchased some at the beginning of the year cost me £36 then I thought it was expensive but £46 as you are quoting now is beyond a joke.

Alan

Muir

The price of powder for me in the States has gone from around $20/lb to $25/lb over the last couple of months. Some of the Alliant powders are $28/lb, up from $22/lb. The prices took a climb this last quarter....~Muir

204 Ruger

WOW...thats expensive. I paid £36 a tub in October. Bought 2. If the 204 lieks ther loads ive just made for it Ill be going back for more before it goes up. I use it in my 22.250 and 6.5 x 55 so ideal if I get nice groups and a good speed with the 204 too.

DCG

Not sure of Varget prices but recently enquired about Reloader 17 at Northalerton shooting supplies to be told that its now £45.17 per 1lb. thats about a £100 a kilo!!!!!!!, I have had a rethink, will stick with n140 for the time being.
DG

Muir

They're taking the ****. I bought 2 tubs last week for £38 each.
Buy some more because the prices will increase sharply on their next shipment. Here in the US the prices have gone up 25% over the last couple of months. Remember: You guys always catch it last.~Muir

d foxxer

i bought 1kilo tub v133 £66 just recently and got no load for it for my 6.5 swede should have got v160 all i have done
is open the tub to have a look at it but my rfd wont exchange it i would have sell it on cheaper than what it cost me
but he tell me i cant post it ah well that will teach me i suppose

jay 22

Buy some more because the prices will increase sharply on their next shipment. Here in the US the prices have gone up 25% over the last couple of months. Remember: You guys always catch it last.~Muir
yes on top of a all ready over priced tube of powder as it is. :doh: due to our tax etc

devonoak

Morning all,

Popped into sportsman yesterday to pick up fresh 1lb pot of Varget only to be told that it was a mind blowing £46! I'm sure my last one cost £36. Can any one comment on their prices locally, may have to go else where next time? Any one think that price is too much ?

Regards

Carl.
Try James Simpson at Blue Fox Glade Chawleigh. Its only a few miles down the a377 towards Barnstaple from you. It was about £34 there last time I bought it.

swarovski

i bought some a couple of weeks ago for 40 quid,was 44 on the price tag,said i aint paying that,knocked off 4 quid,if you dont ask you wont get :D

Yes, powder has gone up recently called into shop today and told a tub 1kg of vint n133 is now £90, phew, cheaper to purchase kg tubs but varget only do 1lb tubs.
Tony.

danpd

Yes, powder has gone up recently called into shop today and told a tub 1kg of vint n133 is now £90, phew, cheaper to purchase kg tubs but varget only do 1lb tubs.
Tony.
You are being A***Raped at that price, Trade price is £54 including VAT plus some carriage, so £65-75 is normal RRP, i would march in there and tell them where to go.