Vauxhall adam disks

Woodsmoke

Apparently new calipers for a GWagon - Mercedes part is £460 a wheel excluding fitting, I need to sell this quickly !
My Jeep Cherokee needs a new dust guard for the rear disc brake. A dust guard. A piece of pressed steel that the handbrake shoes mount to. £322 a side. If I hadn't already SORN'd it the bastard thing would now be on fire

Yorkie

My Jeep Cherokee needs a new dust guard for the rear disc brake. A dust guard. A piece of pressed steel that the handbrake shoes mount to. £322 a side. If I hadn't already SORN'd it the bastard thing would now be on fire
Hi Woodsmoke.
As a fellow Jeep owner I feel your pain when it comes to parts prices from main dealer.
Have a look at Rockauto in America. Lot of the lads on Jeep Forum source parts there. They export to UK without issue.

bogtrotter

I take thats with fitting not the price of the dust guard ,problem is they are not a straight forward fit strip the brake and the half shaft needs to be pulled at least a couple of hours work for me ( I'm not a mechanic) maybe a little less in a modern workshop .

tozzybum

My kia had the same issue ,200 quid for the guard unfitted ,so 12.99 for a fibre glass repair kit and 1 hours work all tickety boo .Dust guarded and a darn sight cheeper than mr Kia and his minions .Yes it,s a strip down job but all that money for a piece of pressed tin :banghead:

Woodsmoke

I take thats with fitting not the price of the dust guard
That's just for the part. I wouldn't dream of letting the dealer work on my car at their prices as the car's just not worth it. The half shaft is a piece of cake to remove as it's retained with a C-clip. It's a really easy job to remove it. The price is just scandalous. And to be fair, that £322 is one of the cheaper prices I've found, believe it or not?

@Yorkie thanks for that. I already checked these guys. I reckon they must know every jeep owner in the UK by their first name by now, lol. Dorman do an aftermarket split shield which bolts straight on, but even those are a couple of hundred pounds, even if you can find a supplier. It's ridiculous