Venison sales out of season

palmer_mike

If someone has an out of season license to shoot deer (all fully agreed on paper by NE) in England,
would it be legal for that person to sell the venison to an AGHE as normal? Also would there be any legal issues for the AGHE in buying out of season venison and processing it?

not something I'm currently involved in, but I was asked the question today and realised I haven't a clue, lol.

Chasey

If someone has an out of season license to shoot deer (all fully agreed on paper by NE) in England,
would it be legal for that person to sell the venison to an AGHE as normal? Also would there be any legal issues for the AGHE in buying out of season venison and processing it?

not something I'm currently involved in, but I was asked the question today and realised I haven't a clue, lol.
I can buy venison at Tesco all year so I don't see why not as long as its leagaly shot

banus

the answer is yes,game dealers will legally take it unless its not fit for human consumption.as they will take animals shot to stop suffering out of season.all good:stir:

Chasey

Hmm, it's possibly farmed or from NZ.
im talking about someone who has an out of season permit in England.....

I have a friend who runs a dive boat and farms venison in the Orknies and there's a big venison farm just off the M20 I see every time I take the train to London from Maidstone East

But what I meant was, if its leaglay shot and you can prove it? Whats the problem?

ATB

Erik Hamburger

Surely if you have a License to shoot out of season it becomes Legal (for you) so an AGHE shouldn't have an issue with it after you have provided proof to them. But ask your AGHE....

shakey jake

I asked a dealer this question about a week ago he said the carcase needs the normal info plus a copy of your out of season license as the vet will spot the sex and stop it going in to food chain with out this
Jake