VFG cleaning system

WTF

Good evening
Does anyone have experience of the VFG cleaning system using bore sized pellet shaped wads of felt. It sounds good but I wonder how effective it is?

AndrewS

I haven't used it myself for years, but Schultz & Larsen recommend it as the only cleaning necessary for their (cut-rifled) barrels.

WTF

Finn, are you happy with the results?
I am thinking of using it for my 17hmr.

I know there is a debate about cleaning HMR but not sure if there is a clear opinion about it.

Finn, are you happy with the results?
I am thinking of using it for my 17hmr.

I know there is a debate about cleaning HMR but not sure if there is a clear opinion about it.

A good system, if a little fiddly, there are two types of wad, one of them has a scrubbing wire in it,( obviously not steel!) I used to clean the HMR very regular, espescially the mod, it would build up with a muddy black sludge after around 50 or so rounds, LiL' Gun powder is notoriously dirty stuff.

paul o'

I used to use them years ago when I was High power comp shooting they worked well, saying that I now just use patches to match bore size they are cheaper and work just the same.

deeangeo

I use them for both .25-06 & 6.5x54 ... Good system but does leave felt fibres behind which I clean with a final run through of a meths soaked patch.

diverdave

I have bought them for my S&L rifles, in 243 and 3006. I was a little skeptical initially, as i am used to using the various potions and chemicals more commonly recommended. However they certainly work well, it is quick and easy and can do no harm, and i am not sure that some chemicals dont damage the barrel long term. If i remember correctly S&L recommend a deep clean every so many hundred rounds, but first impressions are they it is an excellent and easy to use system.

Ben P

I've been using them for years and think they are great.

I like how they have a good fit to the barrel and are easy to soak with cleaning products.

Regards

BP

deeangeo

So how many fibres of cotton might be left behind, sometimes we get really anal about these matters?
Never counted them lad, but as you look down the bore, while all seems nice & clean, you notice there are fibres left behind along it. Nothing very worrying, but enough. My last patch anyway is always a meths patch, so it does two things.
Takes those fibres away & leaves the bore free of any cleaning fluid residue.

But, I quite like the system.