VFG felt barrel jobbies

Bavarianbrit

I was wondering if anyone else uses these on CF rifles. I get on well with them, you do need a special holder for the end of the cleaning rod to fit them onto though.

There are just felt fitted x2 onto the jag, push it up the spout the first one comes off at the muzzle and you pull the one that is threaded onto the jag back and forth to clean, I use Quicksilver outboard cleaner as a shot up the spout first before inserting the jag. They even do felt wads with little brass bits in it to help with the cleaning action. Tip :- fill up a small cotton bag after a few years of collecting them and sneak it into the washing machine and they can be reused if you can be bothered.

I use the .22 felts and have used them in .222rem and .223rem also.
When I ordered mine from Kettner some years ago I thought I might as well buy two large packs to save me having to reorder. I think I made a mistake because each pack had 500 felts and after something like 10 years I still have 1,500 because I'm sure the little buggers are reproducing overnight in my gun room. :lol:

I use them on the double rifle
Run the ones with copper bits through after the solvent and then the plain felt ones = nice clean barrels.

I like the system but not that many places stock them in the U.K. and when you do find them they can be a bit pricey.

I use both the green impregnated ones and the plain white ones. The only thing I find is that placing two on the jag at the same time (which makes complete sense and the jag is clearly designed for this) makes it too stiff to push through. I slightly bent a brand new cleaning rod (😡) attempting this so only use them individually now

I’ve used them for years since the old days of ordering deer stalking related kit from Jaegersport.

I put a few drops of KRG-1 carbon remover on the first pad then leave for a while before running about half a dozen through before they come out clean.

Use them after some Forest Bore Foam too, not the cheapest but I like them and they suit my needs.

Screwing them on and off is a regular PITA. Their surface area is very small compared to a patch and getting a barrel dry is very material and time consuming.
I feel that only people who have never used good patches before are jumping on this train.
The shoot-through felt pellets for air rifles are a clever thing though.

Back