Vintage Remington 700 Sniper and Long range rifle

Does any body have any good pictures of a vintage wooden stocked Remongton 700 M40 style sniper / target / varmint type rifle please. I have a wooden walnut blank, sharp tools and a Remington Heavy Barreled SPS Varmint that needs a prettier frock.

And I need a project to keep me sane.

Pictures please for inspiration
It had a green Redfield scope.

Some of the early rifles used by the Marines in 1966 were M70s and M700s bought at the PX on a stopover in the trip to Vietnam.

They used Redfield 3-9x40, some with AccuTrak reticle. Fixed Redfield, Weaver, and Unertl target scopes were soon in use.

7.62 NATO, .30-06, and .300 Win Mag were used.

You will see M70s and 1903s wearing heavy walnut target stocks.

wow matey, you got a cracker there, you take good care of her/him, thats a great present, you got to luv em aint you bs.
I’ll be 59 in July , we’ve had those little evils ever since my first birthday . That one was a her now it’s an it .

It had a green Redfield scope.
Seems to me in the last five years Redfield/Leupold had made what they called a vintage copy of the scope . Seems to me Davidson’s or one of the other go between worked out a deal with Remington to make a couple hundred copies of the Hathcock M40 sniper rifle . But also quite pricey well as I can remmember .

I have quite a collection of paper and hardback sniper orientated books if anyone is interested, just pm me and I’ll see if I have it, won’t cost you a fortune!!

Willowbank

Thanks for all the info and PMs.

One further key question - where abouts is the balance point compared to the trigger. Front of mgazine or even further forward?

Back