Viper flex sticks

wildfowler.250

Right guys, needing a bit of advice if possible?

Was considering a pair of the quad/journey sticks as everyone seems to swear by them.

I’m 6’1-6’2 in height, am I better getting the journey XL or the normal? Seems to be fractionally longer but doesn’t quite shorten as much?

Probably going to attend the northern shooting show in May so could potentially wait until then? Or order one of each and send one back but thought I’d see what the general opinion on here is. They’re not cheap so want to get it right. Many thanks!

wildfowler.250

That’s interesting! A guide I go to occasionally uses them and I’ve found them a faff over my trigger sticks. Thought a bit of practice might help

oowee

I am 6'2" and the normal ones are perfect. If i need more height (shooting down hill for example) I can close the legs a little and they give extra height. I threw away the anti wind chime strips in favour of tape over the holes. So much more stable and more reliable than the two sets (mk1 and mk2) trigger sticks I had. Seriously good kit

FISH BOY

I am 6'2" and the normal ones are perfect. If i need more height (shooting down hill for example) I can close the legs a little and they give extra height. I threw away the anti wind chime strips in favour of tape over the holes. So much more stable and more reliable than the two sets (mk1 and mk2) trigger sticks I had. Seriously good kit
Second that. Bit of tennis grip sorts the cold fingers, normal black insulating tape the rest.

The carbon journeys I found to be noticably lighter.

Both viper models are awesome stable platforms, that by pinching the little finger can flick into a bipod very swiftly. Another leaning flick to quads which is very useful in ambush to take the weight.

FD2ED359-D3D1-48B1-8639-D97D22546E0A.jpeg

oowee

I do that too :). I like that you can easily carry them slightly offset so they are not clipped for easy, quiet deployment. The grippy rubber front rest can be pushed out using the forend of the rifle if you want to deploy with minimum movement when being watched. I don't find them heavy but that said every ounce counts when you are out and about so In hindsight the Journeys would have been a wise purchase.

wildfowler.250

Cheers guys, I’ll give them a go then. Do you find any need for a bipod if you’ve the quad sticks? I don’t mind carrying both too much as I’m doing that anyway at the moment. Just curious

oowee

Too muddy where I am for a bipod :D the sticks are good for me to easily 200m and for those with half decent shooting skills, well beyond.

Paul 600

Second that. Bit of tennis grip sorts the cold fingers, normal black insulating tape the rest.

The carbon journeys I found to be noticably lighter.

Both viper models are awesome stable platforms, that by pinching the little finger can flick into a bipod very swiftly. Another leaning flick to quads which is very useful in ambush to take the weight.

View attachment 125790
Hi, what's the scope cover please? Can you use the elevation and other drums?
Many thanks!
Paul

SGArms

Buy the elite or the journey xl I can sort you a set of either. Used home made quad sticks 10 years ago and all the sticks that have been introduced since. Best sticks by far are the viperflex