Vit n540 - 6.5 creedmoor

Scooby-3

Has anyone any load data they could share in 6.5 cm using n540?

or anyone with quick load be willing to input me some data? I’d like to shoot the hornady 147eld or smk 150 it’s a 26” 8 twist barrel thanks

25 Sharps

or anyone with quick load be willing to input me some data? I’d like to shoot the hornady 147eld or smk 150 it’s a 26” 8 twist barrel thanks

i should imagine too fast for top end weights in .264, also don’t Sierra recommend something like a 6.5 or 7 twist for the 150 SMK??

Lateral

N540 really isn't ideal. It's too fast, so you only get an 88.6% fill, and circa 2660fps.

Best powders on paper, that are easily available in the UK, Norma MRP, and Reload Swiss RS70.

Just wish we could get RL26 over here !

Scooby-3

i should imagine too fast for top end weights in .264, also don’t Sierra recommend something like a 6.5 or 7 twist for the 150 SMK??

Yeah it’s as I thought then, they recommend 7.5 or faster but reading some USA forums some have managed to stabilise then with a 8 twist, albeit there velocity claims seam very high

Scooby-3

N540 really isn't ideal. It's too fast, so you only get an 88.6% fill, and circa 2660fps.

Best powders on paper, that are easily available in the UK, Norma MRP, and Reload Swiss RS70.

Just wish we could get RL26 over here !

Thanks for that lateral, is that 88.6 fill from quick load? Looks like the n540 will be going for sale

NiemiPT

I don't use N500-serie powders at all because they are more harmful and makes a loads of mess to clean. I guess that velocity gain to N100-serie powders is not so great either.

Scooby-3

I don't use N500-serie powders at all because they are more harmful and makes a loads of mess to clean. I guess that velocity gain to N100-serie powders is not so great either.

I didn’t find the barrel any dirtier or harder to clean compared to other powders or factory ammunition?