Vortex PST objective lens cover

JockStalk

I've just mounted scope to new rifle and the very excellent vortex flip cover rubber is well and truly wedged between scope and barrel.
Anyone know of a screw in type cover or one with thinner rubber gaiter?
presumably the wedged rubber is a bad thing!
Jim

Haggis Hunter

I had a similar issue with a Butler Creek plastic cover which I solved with the careful use of a dremel, I'm presuming the rubber can't be thinned down? I've only got a gap of 1 to 2mm between cover and barrel.

hh

JockStalk

Its a pretty soft, neoprene type material - will have a look and see if the machining down will work.

There is a screw in sunshade, so I'm wondering if there is a screw in cover.

FGYT

Hope you get sorted.

I have just ordered the defender caps, I hope they are as good as advertised.

just fitted 2 sets to my rifles lovely job even stretched the Eye bell one to fit the Massive IOR Back end and did my own printout for a range card o fit in it
will get another set for my 22 LR but that will need the scope lifting a bit as its to tight to the barrel now

unlike the Butler creek it didnt need tape to fatten up the 56mm Objective for a tight fit as the rubber has plenty of grip

JockStalk

Defender cap is crap as it doesn't fit in the narrow gap between objective and barrel.

Apart from that its the best I've used. :D

Mine will be going up for sale shortly if the Warne cover fits.

JockStalk

Warne 50mm cover on last night. Its a tight thread but fits well/ securely. Flip cover 'just' contacts barrel so that will get a shave off the edge, but when popped open there is plenty of clearance with the barrel so problem solved.
Many thanks.