Vortex Viper 4-16x50 moa

Leica Amplus 6

manxjason

Thinking of sticking one of these on top of my 17 hmr for dialing in with.

Anyone have one? what's your thoughts guys.
cheers

Moray Outfitting

In their price range ( Riflecraft have some great deals going on their website ) its hard to beat the Viper/ Viper HS ( personal preference ) scopes. We've a number of very happy customers.

manxjason

In their price range ( Riflecraft have some great deals going on their website ) its hard to beat the Viper/ Viper HS ( personal preference ) scopes. We've a number of very happy customers.

Whoops, forgot to say that it's the Viper PST that i've been looking at. How do you think that rates against the Viper/HS?

cheers

Moray Outfitting

Got to be honest - not used a PST and only seen in passing.

As a personal view I think there is a price bracket consideration. Every Vortex I have seen has been good, the Viper HS range is great for its price in particular. I've not had much to do with Vortex gear up in the £1000 plus range for example ( if one extrapolates it should be fantastic ) - but if I was budgetting in that ball park then the big three - Swaro, Zeiss, S & B etc would be getting the nod - if only because those brands will hold value better.

manxjason

Got to be honest - not used a PST and only seen in passing.

As a personal view I think there is a price bracket consideration. Every Vortex I have seen has been good, the Viper HS range is great for its price in particular. I've not had much to do with Vortex gear up in the £1000 plus range for example ( if one extrapolates it should be fantastic ) - but if I was budgetting in that ball park then the big three - Swaro, Zeiss, S & B etc would be getting the nod - if only because those brands will hold value better.

Thabks for the reply, the PST is £500 new. I won't be able to spend any more than £500 on a scope.

​heres the hard bit, buy a second hand German scope or go new with the American vortex :)

actionman1

Vortex Optics

Thinking of sticking one of these on top of my 17 hmr for dialing in with.

Anyone have one? what's your thoughts guys.
cheers

a bit of advice if you dont mind, ring Riflecraft first to check they have a scope you want in stock. There have been issues when people have ordered and payed online as many of the range shown is not in stock. I was down Riflecraft the other day and stock is erratic , they have an order coming in soon but if that scope is not on the order , you may be waiting several months. We ordered 3 of the Diamondback range and was told it would take a number of weeks, they did not ask for a deposit just said we will call you when the come in.
I liked the quality and features, they are very well thought through but i did look through one it was a 6-24x50 and i was not impressed with the glass at all. This may have been a bad example as the other models i looked through were very nice.

Last edited:

soother223

Yep I do dial in most of the time. The increments are crisp an precise!
I was at riflecraft this weekend they are also goin to be selling their own flip up covers too which sound really good. . .

UK Outfitters