Vortex viper range of binoculars

David78b

I am looking for a new set of binoculars, I was looking at these in 10x42, does anyone use these. Any info good or bad would be a big help. Thanks

slider

I had least for a good few years before upgrading to the Vortex Fury range finding binos. These have the same glass.
Good glass that I think is on a par with the big brands that are 2-3 times more expensive.
Best warranty you can get. Lifetime of the bibos, fully transferable and any damage.
I know some that lost a pair on the hill. Miraculous he walked back on to them 2 years later. One lense was fogged inside and Vortex replaced them without question.

mealiejimmy

The Vortex binoculars all punch well above their weight, but they are not as good as the equivalent Swaro or Leica at dawn or dusk
You'll get 5-10 minutes more usable image form the top range binos, but whether or not you think it's worth paying all that extra money for a few more minutes, only you can decide.
The Vortex no questions asked lifetime warranty on all and any parts of the binos is also worth considering.

Cheers

Bruce

JH83

I got the fury’s despite being a lifelong Swarovski owner. When my Swarovski rangefinder monocular broke I was told to send it back, but got them returned untouched with an apology letter saying they couldn’t repair. It was from that point on, a paperweight.

I went vortex with the whole once bitten twice shy mentality, the warranty is unrivalled. The fury’s (as I understand the same glass as viper?) are absolutely excellent, certainly good enough for the job. The rangefinder really seals the deal, for the money I think an excellent choice. I’m sure Swarovski are better but not proportional to the extra £.

Gm81

I have set of vipers. They are good and don't cost the earth. So I use them and don't worry about what happens to them really. But they are still in good condition.
I bought them as a cheap pair, but I can't see the extra verse cash to get up to premium brand now.

takbok

I like my vortex binoculars. They're nice and clear to look through. They probably aren't the best built as I've had 2 pairs fail, but at least I can get them replaced when I have problems. 2 Vortex scopes haven't given me any problems.

JH83

I like my vortex binoculars. They're nice and clear to look through. They probably aren't the best built as I've had 2 pairs fail, but at least I can get them replaced when I have problems. 2 Vortex scopes haven't given me any problems.
That was my mentally mate

Are they as well made as Swarovski? Nope. Do they need to be with a no quibble lifetime warranty? Nope.

If you lose 5 minutes of light, I can live with that. I’ve a pulsar and a Schmidt scope 🤣