Waist stalking bag

Luk3W3av3r

Hi all,

looking for recommendations; I like the look of the Napier apex predator, but don’t want it with the roe sack as I have a separate sack that’ll fold up into the pockets.

I currently have a cheap and cheerful fleebay waist bag, that does the job but the pockets are small and it needs replacing.

Thanks in advance.

🦌

Hi all,

looking for recommendations; I like the look of the Napier apex predator, but don’t want it with the roe sack as I have a separate sack that’ll fold up into the pockets.

I currently have a cheap and cheerful fleebay waist bag, that does the job but the pockets are small and it needs replacing.

Thanks in advance.

🦌
I have the predator, the sac liner is detachable, if you take that out then the actual sac is quite thin and folds away in the waist band

Some great suggestions
I have a Mystery Ranch hip monkey for walking - going to gym travel et c. Awesome Well made good storage and comfortable
Northern fells clothing have them

Kifaru Tailgunner or Scout... love mine.

Not made anymore and mine are not for sale, but they do appear in odd places but rarely at a sensible price.

Consider getting a good quality leather belt (over the trousers not through the loops) and getting pouches to suit your own needs. I've recently purchased the following to give you an idea:

Leather Cartridge belt
Leather belt pouch

Then you can get game clips/carabiner with loops to carry game as you're out and about if necessary. Little bit nicer material than a lot of the modern waist pouches but can be expensive. I thought leather would last longer than much of the stuff available for a similar price

This is a marmite subject. After many years of carrying the minimal in pockets and the like, I have had the decathlon for a year and a bit. it's a good bit of kit. Carries all of the bits I now need - and that has increased over the years.
It it nice to know that if I have it on me, and I have done my bit and made sure it is properly stocked, I have everything I need.

Could be nice to see what we do carry in these useful packs. Maybe another thread?

I’ve got a Swedteam , comfy and big enough , 2 zips packed up on it after a lot of use but I like it that much I’m getting the zips replaced .

I’ve ended up settling on the one I thought would break a decathlon one love it and mike cheaper than all the others I tried and just as good if not better

I had a bag that pulled my trousers down but now it"s a distant memory.
Back on thread, I have a US pistol belt WW2 with a hooked on bag, might be an explosives carrier that looks like it had been picked up on Omaha beach, the green cotton quality is super and does the job for me so easy to take it off when sitting in a high seat.

That 'Responsepak' looks a nice bit of kit. But I would advise that the wider side straps on the decathlon bag make it a bit nicer to use.

20200924_103356[1].jpg

I prefer the wider side straps that have webbing loops myself. They hold a couple of handy bits that I want to have access to, without having to dive into a pocket. The extra width, I think, also stops the belt from pulling down my 'troosers' as I wear it strapped around my kidneys as extra support and to keep it out of the way.
The pic above is my usual carry. Does for me ...........................

Attachments

• 20200924_103339[1].jpg
    20200924_103339[1].jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 21
Back