Wales stalking.

Fishcake

Just posing a question: thinking of moving to pembrokshire way , anyone on here offer guided stalking service down there ?Or within 2 hours of Haverfordwest way ? Many thanks.

8x57

Distinguished Member
I was friendly with a guy from that area some years ago who did a little bit of stalking fairly local to Haverfordwest but he had to travel some distance for the majority of his deer stalking. Unless things have changed in recent times most reported Pembrokeshire to be a bit of a deer desert.

If you do move down that way just be warned the Welsh are very secretive about their deer. :)

Last edited:

Diggerdez

I was friendly with a guy from that area some years ago who did a little bit of stalking fairly local to Haverfordwest but he had to travel some distance for the majority of his deer stalking. Unless things have changed in recent times most reported Pembrokeshire to be a bit of a deer desert.

If you do move down that way just be warned the Welsh are very secretive about their deer. :)
Secretive not. These Reds, were by the fallen oak.in field of Moles, just passed water Trough.

Attachments

• 20210522_093352.jpg
    20210522_093352.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 56

Sash

Nearest stalking to Haverfordwest is Teifi valley, an hour north. Some escaped reds and sika. But the late unlamented Deer Initiative did a good job of near-eradicating them: I have not seen or heard of any for 6+ years.
(Slightly) Better off in Carmarthenshire: some herds of fallow.
But Pembs itself has one of the lowest densities of deer in Britain: it‘s a wonderful county, but if its the stalking you want, you will always be driving away to get it!
2 hours would just about get you back to Monmouthshire....

Sash

If you REALLY want to come to Haverfordwest and get stalking, call Haylett Grange: it is a good gun shop, and he will give you honest advice about whether anyone in the county actually does guiding. I have never heard of it, and he has said in the past that he stalks in England: make of that what you will!