WANTED: Ice Cream for Dogs?

Territory Hunting

Buckaroo8

My dog loves ice cream. He got a taste for it after a child left an ice cream bowl on the ground and he licked it clean!
I don't think Ben & Jerry's New York super fudge chunk is really going to do him much good so does anyone know of an ice cream recipe which is suitable for dogs? every time I get the ice cream out of the freezer he goes mad!

weeman

Sorry can't help with the ice cream.
My dog loves flavoured ice cubes keeping her cool in this weather.

paul o'

found this
http://www.billyandmargot.com/

My dog loves ice cream. He got a taste for it after a child left an ice cream bowl on the ground and he licked it clean!
I don't think Ben & Jerry's New York super fudge chunk is really going to do him much good so does anyone know of an ice cream recipe which is suitable for dogs? every time I get the ice cream out of the freezer he goes mad!

Chris Stephens

Deserves an award for the most stupid post..... EVER.

Deserves an award for can't stop flapping gums and giving unhelpful comments ever.

on a positive note and to those who are interested I have heard of people freezing gravy down into cubes and giving those to dogs or maybe throw some in blender and make a gravy slush puppy!

RED-DOT

Look mate... dog food for dogs and human food for humans. Ask any vet. There is only one thing worse than a fat child and thats a fat dog... Muppets.

Chris Stephens

Didn't realise there was any real difference, meats meat veg is veg and gravy yes you guessed it. And ta for the last bit still going for that award then!

RED-DOT

Ice cream now is a chemical composition and non of which dogs need or are good for them and not unlike british chocolate which can harm them. Just feed your dog a complete food and the dog will digest it all without getting ill or fat.

Buckaroo8

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks,
paul o', the billyandmargot.com stuff looks great but unfortunately the nearest stockist is 105 miles from me :eek:
RED-DOT, I am looking for a RECIPE WHICH IS SUITABLE FOR DOGS (so that I can make my own COLD dog food)
NOT a RECIPE WHICH IS SUITABLE FOR HUMANS
sorry for any confusion but I didn't think it would need to be made any more obvious than what I wrote in my first post on this matter.

paul o'

:fox: no! but he is a regular in the bins around the back of rossi icecream makers in southend :rofl:

Must admit I have never seen a fox in the line at the ice cream van :stir:

scrun63

Give your dog frozen blokes of tripe - natural, good for them and my monsters love it and it has the added benefit that I get to eat the ice cream and they're too busy to care. Though don't let them near your face afterwards ! :eek:

Buckaroo8

Thanks for the ideas chaps, my dog is really enjoying the frozen treats in the hot weather.........although he now thinks that any object from the freezer is to be eaten (demonstrated last night when he tried to devour a frozen Muntjac head)
still working on an "Ice cream" for him though

BunnyDoom

Natural yoghurt with either carrots and broccoli or liver and steak - put in blender then freeze. Start with small amounts. My mum used to do this for her poodle I the heat and got the idea off an American website

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...