Is there a place to zero and practice in Dorset?

Superdrazy

Hello I have a 17 acres ground for deer stalking but not ideal for zeroing and practice shooting as I don't want the deer to get disturbed

Would anyone be kind enough to let in somewhere you have to practice some target shooting only please?

I'm located in wareham- dorset

Other than deer stalking I enjoy ratting and rabbit shooting if you need help with.
In exchange you will be welcome to come with me to shoot a deer for the table

Join a local rifle range it would also tick another box for owning a rifle , the rabbits are good practice for learning field craft to .

Christchurch club have a 50mtr live range ( not the longest in the world), but the go have regular bisley outings. And subs are very reasonable.

You could try for membership with the Dorset Riflemen. They shoot at the old military range at East Holme. In fact I think they might have bought it. Narrow range, not many spaces but goes out to 400 yards.

I used to be a member. It's, how shall we say, a rather close knit club.... but they might take you on.
They do a lot of comps and there's some very serious minded target shooters there who don't do any other kind of shooting. But a lot of them home load and there's lots of informal days when people test their loads. Quite a few having a bang with period rifles too.

On the menu top right there's an email link. The club secretary John Seager is a thoroughly nice bloke. Might be worth sending him an email.

You could try for membership with the Dorset Riflemen. They shoot at the old military range at East Holme. In fact I think they might have bought it. Narrow range, not many spaces but goes out to 400 yards.

I used to be a member. It's, how shall we say, a rather close knit club.... but they might take you on.
They do a lot of comps and there's some very serious minded target shooters there who don't do any other kind of shooting. But a lot of them home load and there's lots of informal days when people test their loads. Quite a few having a bang with period rifles too.

On the menu top right there's an email link. The club secretary John Seager is a thoroughly nice bloke. Might be worth sending him an email.
I've emailed them . I live at lulworth and if this range is the one I'm thinking about it's been closed as far as I'm aware of but fingers crossed they take me in

Thank you

I have never been but this is fairly close although Somerset obviously not your home county.

Also at £25 for an hour of turn up and shoot fairly expensive.
Annoyingly as it's a US range, its only 100 yds! If you are not a member then you need their RCO to be present whilst shooting and that's not always possible as they also cover several other smaller ranges. Best to book and don't be late otherwise you might not be able to buy another hour if the RCO is committed elsewhere as I found out when stuck on the M5!

Early days for East Holme yet, they have a few issues to iron out yet, but when sorted will be a real asset. Talking to the owner, in the early stages, 100 to prove zero and then firing points at 300 an 400. Moderators will be required for now. Hope things go well and the range gets going smoothly.

Reactions: JTO
Back