Wanted: Savage/Stevens/Springfield/Fox Shotguns 94 Shotgun Series 94

Red Dragon 2

Savage_94Series_schem.jpg
Wanted, any one got an action body for this model shotgun, item 17 in the diagram. Needs to be a 12 gauge. If parts are missing would be OK as the old one will act as the doner. Would be nice to get one complete as the one I am refurbing has the top lever springs and guides missing (2, 3, 9, 10).

Red Dragon 2

I just googled up the diagrams as shown above, seems there are several variants 94H, J etc. and looked at google images.
The mechanism has been copied by several different firms including CYA Spanish gunmakers and they called it the Vanguard.
The model 24 had a rifle barrel fitted on top of the shotgun barrel and a lever on the hammer to change the strike to either rifle or shotgun.
Interior bits of the action are the same as the model 94

kamyonsofor

Hi Red Dragon 2,I have a "Vanguard" single shot 12g, and it was made by Carrero & Astelarra Spain but I always class it as a "Basque" piece, if you can bare with me until tomorrow I will get it out of the cupboard and have a look but at the moment too many things going on.

Red Dragon 2

Yes, that's the one Carrero Y Astelarra (CYA) think the actions were case hardened, the action is exactly the same as the Stevens/Savage one.
Same as you, just too busy now that I am retired but getting the grandchildren to be safe shots and enjoy country sports, someone has to carry on the traditions .