We live in a beautiful country

Cottis

I proabably take it for granted more than most but it is mornings like today that it really hits home how stunning a patchwork quilt of rural England can look.

I was talking to a forum member earlier this morning who had enjoyed a successful early start on the fallow. I really needed to get off my arse. I looked outside to see thick fog blanketed across the landscape but the forecast showed a big fat yellow disc in the sky, so I went out and kept em crossed that it would burn off and burn off it did.

In the yard it was still thick fog and up on the hills it was worse so I popped in to the house to get a coffee and gave it ten minutes and by the time I got back outside, it was starting to disperse. Wind was a gentle 4-6mph from the NW, so knew where I needed to be to not have too many crosswind issues for some medium range squirrel and pigeon shooting. The .222 accounted for 3 from 4 shots between 195-312yds. I missed one at 265, a poor wind call I suspect as it was further round to the south, so I probably should have held an extra half minute or so. Nevermind.

The views were worth it alone, the downed birds and bark strippers were a bonus.

Nice to see the sun for a change.

It is a trek up here but the elevated heart rate results in a good view across South Warwickshire

Neighbours are down there somewhere

Finally started moving and my target area started showing itself

I can shoot pretty much as far as you can see and the photos do not really do the angle justice but it is seriously high here and shots are heavily downhill. Angle needs accounting for at this range on small targets

Bit chilly but home for a couple of hours

reloader54

Sometimes I go and sit for a break within view of a road and watch all the poor buggers going to work in offices and factories. day in day out, same old same old, my office is around 2000 acres. sometimes I go 4 or 5 days without seeing another human being ['cept for the missus.] bliss, feckin' bliss.:smug:

hunta

Hi Cottis. Are those photos from the Edge Hill area? Looks great. I'm ex Warwickshire and now live in Herefordshire. I was also out and about in the woods and hills over the weekend and agree with you that our countryside was/is stunning.

dartmoordog

Whilst I absolutely agree with everyone’s sentiments here, we do live in a fine and beautiful country, being absolutely blinkered and totally bias, I would not live anywhere else on these islands but Devon.

Here is the “But” .........But there are some amazing places around this world that I could quite happily move to, France being one of them, Norther Spain, Norther Italy, the Greek Islands, and the Jewel, in my very humble opinion, South Africa.

But let us soak up the beauty of these islands to........I shoot over the vast majority of what you can see in the landscape

Attachments

Cottis

Hi Cottis. Are those photos from the Edge Hill area? Looks great. I'm ex Warwickshire and now live in Herefordshire. I was also out and about in the woods and hills over the weekend and agree with you that our countryside was/is stunning.
Fairly close yes. Family have a farm close to the escarpment.