Wanted: Weaver style bases

8x57

Distinguished Member
It's a Safari Deluxe.

So probably bases to fit a large ring K98 action?

I would try the Optics Warehouse, Sean will probably have suitable bases from either Weaver or Leupold in stock and the Weaver ones generally aren't that expensive to buy new. He's a very helpful chap and willing to exchange or refund if he can't find the right model to fit your rifle.

Last edited:

Sinistral

Looking for a pair of Weaver style bases (the ones with a slot across) suitable to fit on a Parker-Hale.

You want WEAVER Top Mount Bases for FN Mauser. I fitted the same to several Heym SR20N’s. It says on the packaging they fit PH 1000, 1000C, 1100, 1200, and 1700 … so they will fit yours which has 1.410” diameter receiver ring. I’m pretty sure of that. These also fit Winchester M70, Musgrave & other mauser 98-based actions.
The front receiver ring mount is #46 (p/n 48046) & the rear bridge mount (which is deeper) is #45 (p/n 48045). Mine came with 6/14 grub screws of different lengths to match the U.S. style threaded holes drilled fore and aft in ring & bridge.

Last edited:

VSS

You want WEAVER Top Mount Bases for FN Mauser. I fitted the same to several Heym SR20N’s. It says on the packaging they fit PH 1000, 1000C, 1100, 1200, and 1700 … so they will fit yours which has 1.410” diameter receiver ring. I’m pretty sure of that. These also fit Winchester M70, Musgrave & other mauser 98-based actions.
The front receiver ring mount is #46 (p/n 48046) & the rear bridge mount (which is deeper) is #45 (p/n 48045). Mine came with 6/14 grub screws of different lengths to match the U.S. style threaded holes drilled fore and aft in ring & bridge.

Thanks Sinistral, that's useful info.
I'll hang on for a bit to see if anyone responds with secondhand bases before I go looking at new ones.
If anyone's interested in a swap, I have a pair of genuine P-H bases, and also P-H rings to go with them.

User00003

Pretty sure I have Ed from Edinburgh Rifles a set a few days ago I had laying about. He will probably let you have them at not a great deal more than postage I imagine.

VSS

Still looking for a pair of weaver top mount bases, #45 & #46, if anyone's got some (preferably with the appropriate grub screws)?
Unfortunately Optics Warehouse is listing them as "out of stock" at the moment.