well what a surprise.

tozzybum

The European superstate will brook no interference in its "orders are orders "routine after all if unelected officials can have their will overturned by the courts chaos will reign .Note the pathetic attempt to drag the case out till it became a "law" so the Czechs had no chance of getting this stopped

Fadcode

World War 3 on the way, where can I buy a pea-shooter?
Again ruled by non-elected zealots...........................if the EU was a ship we would be putting on life jackets and jumping overboard, the quicker we are out the better.
i thought the idea was that the new Laws had to be ratified by all member countries, or is it only when it suits them.

VSS

Again ruled by non-elected zealots...........................if the EU was a ship we would be putting on life jackets and jumping overboard, the quicker we are out the better.
And once we are out, for the better in your opinion, what do you suppose that our own government will do about firearms laws?

Fadcode

I think they will be happy with the status quo, however we may still be tied to the European Court rulings, we will have to wait and see, but anything has to be better than the EU.( in my opinion ) other opinions are available.

VSS

I think they will be happy with the status quo, however we may still be tied to the European Court rulings, we will have to wait and see, but anything has to be better than the EU.( in my opinion ) other opinions are available.
Read the thread on here about the green party manifesto. Ok, so they're not likely to come to power any time soon, but that's the kind of attitude that we're up against in this country, regardless of the EU. I have yet to see any evidence of any of our major political parties supporting rural interests. The majority of voters seem to want a sanitised depopulated countryside, very little farming and definitely no hunting, and no guns. So that's what they'll be promised. We don't need the EU to screw up our country. Our government is quite capable of doing that on its own. In fact, I reckon they'll achieve it much more quickly once we're out.

Finch

And once we are out, for the better in your opinion, what do you suppose that our own government will do about firearms laws?
So the European Commission, a politburo which is unelected, unaccountable and wields absolute power, is ultimately seeking to ban the civilian ownership of firearms.
It follows therefore does it, that because it is entirely possible that an independent UK might also one day find itself with anti-gun legislation on the statute book, we'd be better off staying with the EU and accepting the absolute and irreversible certainty of just that outcome than risk returning to representative democracy which allows us the chance to replace our governments and repeal bad laws? Can't see the logic myself.

Last edited:

VSS

So the European Commission, a politburo which is unelected, unaccountable and wields absolute power, is ultimately seeking to ban the civilian ownership of firearms.
It follows therefore does it, that because it is entirely possible that an independent UK might also one day find itself with anti-gun legislation on the statute book, we'd be better off staying with the EU and accepting the absolute and irreversible certainty of just that outcome than risk returning to representative democracy which allows us the chance to replace our governments and repeal bad laws? Can't see the logic myself.
With regards to firearms law, my personal opinion is that we have a better chance of avoiding an outright ban on sporting gun ownership if we are united with fellow sportsmen in other EU countries that have a strong hunting tradition and possibly a greater public acceptance of hunting than is currently the case in the UK. Just my opinion. United we stand etc etc. More people = louder voice. Protection of rural interests (including shooting sports) was very high on the list of reasons why I voted remain. Other people may take a different view, but that's mine.

Freeforester

In Switzerland you are committing an offence not to have firearms in the house, they've been Neutral for the past 500+ years.

Aren't we overlooking the fact that deer must be managed though? Certainly it would seem that it's Scottish Govt priority at this point in time, and despite their efforts, they don't seem to be 'winning the war' just yet.

paul o'

No Doubt if we stay in the EU your be able to buy one at the docks or out the back of a van loade with Fags And so called Vodka ( ake anti freeze ) ??? :rofl: ;)
i thought the idea was that the new Laws had to be ratified by all member countries, or is it only when it suits them.

imnotrucknut

With regards to firearms law, my personal opinion is that we have a better chance of avoiding an outright ban on sporting gun ownership if we are united with fellow sportsmen in other EU countries that have a strong hunting tradition and possibly a greater public acceptance of hunting than is currently the case in the UK. Just my opinion. United we stand etc etc. More people = louder voice. Protection of rural interests (including shooting sports) was very high on the list of reasons why I voted remain. Other people may take a different view, but that's mine.
You seem to be forgetting we've got basc fighting our corner :rofl:

jimmy milnes

You seem to be forgetting we've got basc fighting our corner :rofl:
BASC again!!!! Whilst I admit there is a lot more that they could be doing visually to fight the fight so to speak, what about the various other organisations that take our hard earned? In my opinion they underperform just as equally.
I've been in BASC & GWCT for a good few years now ans recently joined NGO to see if they were more active visually than BASC but find them just the same in my opinion.

Ratwhiskers

l'm afraid that the events of Hungerford and Dunblain went to prove it doesn't take the EU to remove items of our kit.