Wellies

dan71

Hi guys im after new wellies. What wellies keep feet warm and are fairly tough? I will need neoprene as have a problem with cold feet.

long_range_rob

I've had Chameaus for some years. They used to last 4-5 years. They now last 18 months. My next pair will be Aigles Iso's

Taff

Aigles, I wear wellies most of the winter in work, 5yrs and just about finished now, le chameus have gone down in boots and wellies.

Hales Smut

Aigle. I use them all of my "outdoor life " . I have the parcours unlined and neoprene lined. Also have the muckboot Tay Sport. Muckboot might be warmer but a lot less comfortable. Aigle boots are just very good and comfortable. Le Chameau might have a stronger rubber, just an impression.

Beretta cocker

Always had chameaus, but bought a cheap pair of Aigles ( £45 ) and they are so quiet to stalk in. Just like trainers!

Robin

I have the normal green ones about £100 and the heavy duty neoprene for winter stalking, both are brilliant, soft warm and very quiet to stalk in.
They are made for all types of country life in my opinion.

montyarrow

Aigle Parcours ISO everytime. Use them daily in the field. They support the ankle well and fit the foot, obviously everybody is different but try them.

Chris Rob

Have just moved over to Harkila Forester 5mm neoprene from Le Chameau Chasseurnord as the zip in one failed after 6 years, pretty good going I reckon but the Harkilas are much cheaper.

The Harkilas are very comfortable & very warm. The wife has just bought Aigle neoprenes & she's pretty pleased with them so far.

Cheers
Chris

Ldc1982

Just ordered a pair of Gicas from Norway, took a bit of a punt but the price was 50% cheaper than buying in the uk and that's even with the shipping and vat

willie_gunn

Have just moved over to Harkila Forester 5mm neoprene from Le Chameau Chasseurnord as the zip in one failed after 6 years, pretty good going I reckon but the Harkilas are much cheaper.

The Harkilas are very comfortable & very warm. The wife has just bought Aigle neoprenes & she's pretty pleased with them so far.

Cheers
Chris
Just seeing if Uttings will accept mine as returns.

Had them almost exactly 11 months and found today that the rubber has perished on the left boot at the ankle, where it flexes.

£159.99 plus postage seems a lot for a pair of boots that last less than a year :(

Will have to dig out the Muck Boots from the garage.

AndrewT059

I had my harkilas for 3 months, they split across the toes, on both boots, uttings refund the money! ( rubber perished )

keeperbob

Le chams used to last ages, have an old pair that are 6 y/o zip burst but still dry. New pair lasted about 15mths so stay away from them now. Bought a pair of 140 quid Hunters and are lasting well. I think it can be just pot luck at times.

mikeakc

Toggi Neoprene, £70, 7 years, hundreds of miles and only just starting to degrade on the insole. I rave about them to anyone who will listen and even to people who aren't remotely interested.

pierred

Just seeing if Uttings will accept mine as returns.

Had them almost exactly 11 months and found today that the rubber has perished on the left boot at the ankle, where it flexes.

£159.99 plus postage seems a lot for a pair of boots that last less than a year :(

Will have to dig out the Muck Boots from the garage.
Dom there were quality issues with the wellies prior to Christmas but I have been told they have since moved production and everything is now on track , had a few customers waiting months for theirs.

Info was passed to me by the Scottish importer at the Newark stalking fare