Westminster terror attack... lets ban all cars from private ownership?

Woodsmoke

'The subject . . . . . . is not co-operating with officers'.

Hmmm, OK. In that case, just hold his head underwater until the bubbles stop . . . . .

Alantoo

Well, at least ensure there is a doctors certificate as part of the police background check before any driving licence is issued. Licences Limited to capacity specific having first shown good reason for access, and the implementation of a one for one scheme.

Alan

caorach

To be fair John Major has already signed a document, some sort of international agreement, which has committed the UK to removing access to private transport on the basis that it is "socially divisive." I think it was contained in the 1992 Copenhagen Declaration. So it is not a secret that the UK government fully intend to ban cars from private ownership though for some strange reason they didn't make a big deal of it. It is just that removing access to private transport is a rather tricky thing to do and could lead to riots on the street if you did it overnight, plus the party that did it would never get elected again, so it requires a bit of "divide and conquer" and "social engineering" and "cross party cooperation" to deliver.

There is nothing more worrying for a government than you being able to pop into your car and, completely without their intervention, subsequently pop out at another spot hundreds of miles away. You'll remember that in the USSR access to private cars was very limited indeed and many roads had checkpoints along them (for your own safety of course) so you were checked in, and out, through the various stages of your journey.

I suspect, and this is pure conjecture on my part and may just be simple paranoia, that this is a major driver towards electric cars. By definition an electric car has to be less efficient than only changing chemical energy into mechanical energy once so there can be no real efficiency reason for one but an electric car is very limiting on how far you can travel and when and where you can charge up again, and what "documentation" you have to provide before you are allowed to charge up. You can't keep a few spare jerrycans in the garage with an electric car, nor can you run one on old chip fat or something else you can manufacture yourself, and I'd be pretty certain there will be some form of ID required to recharge one, for your own safety of course.

Rasputin

How **** do you have to be to not kill people with a bloody car. All I can say is there are some very lucky people out there today who must be thinking theirs a guardian angel on their shoulders. Thankfully it seems to have been only a minor attack but yet again he appears to be "KNOWN" to the government. For gods sake when are they going to just start carting these people off to sites with black bags on their heads and shooting them. This PC nonsense is going to get even more people killed in the future. Yet as per the OP upstanding members of he community like us are harried and harassed at every turn. Its a total joke.

kes

How **** do you have to be to not kill people with a bloody car. All I can say is there are some very lucky people out there today who must be thinking theirs a guardian angel on their shoulders. Thankfully it seems to have been only a minor attack but yet again he appears to be "KNOWN" to the government. For gods sake when are they going to just start carting these people off to sites with black bags on their heads and shooting them. This PC nonsense is going to get even more people killed in the future. Yet as per the OP upstanding members of he community like us are harried and harassed at every turn. Its a total joke.

Maybe the time is coming for the revolution ? In which case anyone with left of centre or liberal views will be for it - starting with Jeremiah Corbyn - proper idiot that one.

paul o'

He has rights too ??? :popcorn: living in the UK its given free to him and the law will defend his right's too :stir:

sauer

Joke all you want about revolution or anarchy .....
It’s closer than you think....

London riots .... how long ago
Same with Paris for short period.....

It seriously will not take much to light the litmus paper again ......& I think it will be a bigger scale & spread like wildfire

Couldnt get me to move or live into a city for anything .....

Folk laugh at preppers and those wanting to go “off grid”
It’s a growing demographic & way society is going can you blame them ? 🤔

Paul

reloader54

actually they claim he's not known to the security forces, 'course they might be ********ting,, and not mentioning his name or anything else that might lead up to identifying his reasons for trying to kill people,,, maybe he just don't like cyclists,.;)

reloader54

on the upside if the bloke turns out to be a "terrorist" at least he wasn't shot to death by armed police,,,, that'll save corbyn having to fork out for another wreath.:rolleyes:

tozzybum

How strange ,why attack a Parliament in recess duff info or just a idiot wanting martyrdom by police action .And that product of Fords was never going to get through that barrier an odd way to keep isis or whoever in the public eye

kes

How strange ,why attack a Parliament in recess duff info or just a idiot wanting martyrdom by police action .And that product of Fords was never going to get through that barrier an odd way to keep isis or whoever in the public eye

I haven't read the real detail but based on what you say he may well be the subject of mental health issues and simply another isis wannabe - thankfully an inept one.

Uncle f

The sooner the powers that be wake up to this nonsense and start dishing out proper harder punishments like er death or worse!!! We will still have these so called attacks. We should start by not allowing any one back in from areas known to be fighting for what ever so called calafeit they believe in. With the risk of going over old ground in previous threads it’s time we started being far more hard lined in our political stance

love them or hate them perhaps trump and borris do have a point!

Rasputin

actually they claim he's not known to the security forces, 'course they might be ********ting,, and not mentioning his name or anything else that might lead up to identifying his reasons for trying to kill people,,, maybe he just don't like cyclists,.;)

they be ********ting me thinks.

C2A6291C-A09B-4D6F-88CF-5059608C68C4.jpg