• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: Wet Tumbler / steel pin tumbler

gamegunner

Wanted as above, possibly a Frankford arsenal wet tumbler for use with steel pin media - or other options not looking to spend 100's and 100's but something sensibly priced :-| Thanks Jon, New or Used considered.

old_n07

I built one earlier this year but now that the Lyman Cyclone has been released I'm not sure if I would bother if I was starting today as I wouldn't have saved that much, this was the one I put together

[video=youtube;FmY8K7Pw2-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmY8K7Pw2-s[/video]

Hornet 6

I use a small rubber tub from one of the gem polishing outfits and spin it at 35rpm on my wood turning lathe.

Neil. :)

gamegunner

It's clear there isn't a very good market for reasonably priced wet tumblers then lol, thanks for the responses

hobbesy

I'd love a wet tumbler, a friend has one which cost an arm and a leg but it makes the brass soooo shiny. If you do get that tumbler please post up a review as I'd be very interested.

Chasser

I wonder how close to the 3kg load rating of the cheapo tumbler I'd be, I see proper jobs have 13kg load rating! By the time you use 1L (1kg) of water and 1kg of media (maybe this is too much)? Leaves you only a kg to play with... running it close to its limit all the time won't do it any favours I don't think

Chasser

Tempted to knock one up, the window wiper motor and a bucket design. Recon I could be all in for £50 inc SS media

mickb

Wow, old n07 that looks so professional ... that has to be better than the Lyman ?
Come on then, lets see all the DIY jobs !

old_n07

Tempted to knock one up, the window wiper motor and a bucket design. Recon I could be all in for £50 inc SS media
Have you got a link to the media you are looking at getting? as I couldn't find any cheap SS media when I did mine

Wow, old n07 that looks so professional ... that has to be better than the Lyman ?
Come on then, lets see all the DIY jobs !
Cheers, it cost me around £120 + the media as I already had the 12V bench top PSU, can't compare it to an off the shelf version as I haven't used one but mine certainly does the job, I use a squirt of washing up liquid with a teaspoon of citric acid and warm water in the drum with the pins and brass then let it run for a couple of hours and they come out clean including the primer pockets.

Neil

hairlesshunter

I use something similar to this with a water tight container it will do 50 at a time no problem https://www.gumtree.com/search?search_category=all&q=Stone+tumbler&tq=%7B"i"%3A"Stone+tumbler"%2C"s"%3A"Stone+tumbler"%2C"p"%3A0%2C"t"%3A2%7D&search_location=