What do you do when...

Mossypaw

... your favourite jacket ‘accidentally’ goes through the wash and now smells like a florists and presumably glows with optical brighteners !
Mates have suggested : Throw it in a peat bog for a day or two or steep it in a bucket with some pine needles?
Can you neutralise OB’s ?

riddick

... your favourite jacket ‘accidentally’ goes through the wash and now smells like a florists and presumably glows with optical brighteners !
Mates have suggested : Throw it in a peat bog for a day or two or steep it in a bucket with some pine needles?
Cant help with your jacket I'm afraid,, but the first thing I'd do would be fill her wardrobe with month old fox carcasses. :rofl:

camodog

First of, methinks you need to 're-programme' .....THE washing-machine, :rolleyes: or get 'a new one'......or just tell her to be more careful in future !......As for the OB's, sorry can't help :oops:

dartmoordog

Wash a jacket!...........What a heinous crime.

I certainly have to play to the wind the way my favourite jacket smells. I found a 4 day dead Pigeon in the pocket once!

Rusty Gate

Just wash again with pure soap. It's all you should use on waterproof or breathable jackets. It will shift the scent etc then reproof. I think Nikwax does one

FISH BOY

Wash it with no additives and then hang it in the garden for a few days.

Not much wind this weekend but make sure the neighbour isnt having a bbq:lol:

jubnut

I wouldn't worry about it.

All my clothes get washed as normal with normal washing powder. Doesn't make any difference to deer at all.

The smell has **** all effect as you should be downwind.

In terms of Optical Brighteners I have never noticed deer spot me particularly easy straight after my clothes have been washed.

In my opinion it's just another load of bollocks for stalkers to obsess about.

dunwater

Just find a wallow dump the jacket in and jump up and down on it.
No fear of it ever being let into the house again, let alone the washing machine.

Luke571

I went Saturday morning trousers and jacket smelling of comfort heavenly nectar. Got to 41 meters of a roe buck. He wasn’t sure if could scent/see me as was looking my direction but also scratching himself so I don’t think it made much difference.
I’m all for you buying a new favourite jacket though