what does the the other half say........

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!

Beowulf

I'm out this sunday with both the 22 and the 243. One for Grey Squirrels the other for Muntjac. I do hope its a bit warmer than today though!
Speaking of 'What the other half thinks'. Stone do you remember that Roe Doe I shot on your land last week. You said 'Its an old doe, good luck eating that'! Well my friend I just have. The wife marinaded it in Mango juice all morning and made a Mango and Venison Curry! :eek: Wow it was truly excellent! I had two Beowulf size plates full. I'll get the old girl to put the recipe on the site, it tasted fantastic!

stone

damn mr B
that girl was ancient teeth all ground to nothing and i know she was at least 8 year old if not older, just goes to show what a good marinade and a cracking cook can do :)

Beowulf

Oh yes Stone! I'll have to get the Memsahib to cook for you and the charming Paula sometime. We still owe Fallow Stalker a curry too! I'm in the wrong business here! Venison and game curries delivered to your door. :D

stone

Ghostrifle said:
We are all out at the weekend then? I hope it doesn't snow.

Good luck guys

thanks ghostrifle
please let us know where you went and how you got on?
many regards stone
mr B
i hope you can deliver quicker than my locall curry house and not to many carrots in it either :lol:

stone

beer you heathen
good curry ,wicked bottle of wine and talking stalking ,perfecto
but back to the thread in question i am very interested in how these perruque heads were preserved for taxidermy as i was aware this was a soft mass of antler tissue and difficult to do as there is no hard horn to deal with
what is injected into the mass to make it solid and also to preserve it from rotting?

Beowulf

Quote Stone:-
'and difficult to do as there is no hard horn to deal with'. You want to leave off that Port mate, if its doing that to you! :lol:

ladystalker

i being the other half at the beginning was not in favor of killing animals ,i couldn't even kill a mouse it upset me, then i met my husband who was into rough shooting and deer stalking things slowly started to change instead of seeing my OH killing fluffy bunnies etc i started to understand the meaning behind it that animals need to be controlled and how much damage they can do ,my OH told me of the reasons why and the best form of action to take the humane way i then started to read books and had many discussions about this which i become very interested i then took some time to go with him while out deer stalking asking various questions i see deer as very beautiful animals and love to watch them my OH would also show me the damage these beasts could do and that not properly managed how they could die of starvation and diseases which i preferred a humane way for the deer to die than a slow and sometimes painful death,
i then when to Scotland and took the first step in shooting my first deer i didn't know how i would feel after i shot it , i found a buck at the bottom of the valley and after i was comfortable and sure of myself i took the shot i was surprised to feel that my whole body was shaking with adrenalin and i actually enjoyed it and knowing the deer didn't know anything ,
from that day the bug took me , i think the problem is that many OH do not take the time to understanding why these things have to be done , i have talked to close friends about what i do and fill them in with why this has to be done and they seem to understand the reasons now and do not see it as a cruel act.
its all about educating and understanding.

stone

i must say ladystalker
that is a very good account of how you started, just wish my other half would take up stalking with the same passion she has for picking up but alas put a gun in her hands and the whole nation would hav to run and hide
ATB
stone

beechessam

I have to say the O/H is excellent, get home from work early and she says "why don't you go and sit up tonight?"

I get home and she meets me at the truck asks how I got on then takes the rifle from me and puts it next to the Aga.

By this time she will have usually 99.9% of the time walked and fed my dogs.

She has shot a Scottish stag and joined me on the odd occasion but generally leaves me to it!! :D

Lucky?? very, just wish I could do it with the lottery :D

Blaser3006

My o/h keeps saying "no you're not going to africa again"

To which I reply, "but darling if I've only been once it would be such a wasted opportunity and I've got the rand in the bottom of the gun safe ready to go!"

This is followed by much scowling and a "your going to Croatia in Nov surely you don't need 2 hunting holidays?"

She is wonderful and very tolerant but just doesn't understand quite how persistent a whinging husband can be. I think I just need to persevere.

What do you think?

stone

blaser
i would try flowers
it works for me , as i never get her flowers normaly, so she knows somethings up but has her mind on the flowers instead , in the mean time you slip out the back door and ring her from the airport to tell her you will be a week late for supper :lol:
not sure wot you do on your return lay low for a while may help ;)

Beowulf

Oi Wadas you Judas! :D What have you been telling my missus? Or rather what has my missus been telling you mate? Its all out in the open Stone, how your missus got drunk Valentines night and went to bed early and how we both sat chatting on this site whilst my wife sat watching repeats of Lost on the TV! :oops: :lol:

Its all about priorities! ;)

wadashot

Yeah, she was telling me how you had met someone else through the internet and stayed up at all hours talking on the phone :lol: while she, the poor thing sat and watches tv or goes to bed on her own. :cry:

It`s ok Mr B, I tried to calm her down and told her that these internet affairs don`t last. Haha :lol:

wadashot

PSE Composites Limited