• Roe

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Cwd

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Muntjac

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Define difficult? If its the lifting and moving a beast around with pure human strength, then just rank the deer on weight. But beyond that I wouldn't say one species is more technical than the other. They are all the same inside - remove guts, tidy up both ends, arse and food pipe.

Gralloching - never had an issue - good man always does it and takes it to the larder whilst I relax with a good malt in a hot bath :) (I wish)

Oof. I imagine that was sweaty...

Gralloching on boggy ground is unpleasant as well. Or on steep, slippery hill sides. I’ve several times had them start sliding away as I’m working on them.
It wasn’t too bad, a couple of Swedes gave me a hand to roll it around as required.

Roe does early spring malting like a pita with diarrhea all over their ass and back legs! Other than that all a doddle.

I find MuntJac challenging, they are small and not much room to manoeuvre with a decent sized knife.

Sometime have to find my small knife, to sort the grallock out, especially the rear end.

I've found easiest way to do the bigger species on the floor is by hocking then pushing your stick inside out and into the ground on the furthest leg.This keeps the beast with its belly accessible without having to wrestle the leg all the time.None are real hard tbh muntjac possibly awkward of youve big hands like me.

Back