What make is this scope?

Dave88

Hi,

This scope came attached to a rifle I was given. I'm assuming its just a cheap and nasty but just wondered if anyone recognized the badge?

20150129_154209.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Dave88

That was quick and after a quick Google search I think you are right. Not quite as cheap and nasty as I thought. Thanks!

Heym SR20

Yup it's the Edgar Brothers Optimate - I had one on the .22 for a long while, now keep as a spare as was given a Swarovski and Meopta went onto .22. Nothing wrong with it at all and no reason to change. Bought it late 1990's and the 6x44 was £100 ish price point, when Meopta was £250 ish and Zeiss, s&b £400ish for the same scope.

Laurie

Definitely Edgar Brothers :thumb:
Yup, that's what it is. However, there were two ranges - the Opti-Mate (Japanese) and Opti-Too (Chinese). The Japanese manufactured scopes were very good quality indeed, mostly target models, and every bit as good as equivalent Weaver T-series models. The Chinese scopes were in the same mould and price range as Hawke scopes of that era - nothing at all wrong with them but built down to a price.

BunnyDoom

Very good scope, lifetime warranty that they still honour even though they are no longer in production (you get a voucher)