what next ?

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

bobjs

looking at a change so looking at moving on my last 2 rifles to get the new one, or use the tikka 590 as a doner rifle ?.

i love the thought of going back to a 6mm br as i had great results with my old one and its fine for longer range work and just fantastic on charlie etc,

i have the 20 tac and to me its a cracking tool but i just feel a change of direction is needed to keep the interest going ( i do need both my sgc and fac in my job but as i don't shoot that often and stalking is no longer done, im just stuck on what to go for,

the rifle needs to be good running just a 20 to 22" barrel,

and no need to be any bigger than a 6mm.

tum T tum just where can i go.........not bothered if its a wild cat or a normal off the shelf calibre.

any thoughts, ?
bob.

The tramp

looking at a change so looking at moving on my last 2 rifles to get the new one, or use the tikka 590 as a doner rifle ?.

i love the thought of going back to a 6mm br as i had great results with my old one and its fine for longer range work and just fantastic on charlie etc,

i have the 20 tac and to me its a cracking tool but i just feel a change of direction is needed to keep the interest going ( i do need both my sgc and fac in my job but as i don't shoot that often and stalking is no longer done, im just stuck on what to go for,

the rifle needs to be good running just a 20 to 22" barrel,

and no need to be any bigger than a 6mm.

tum T tum just where can i go.........not bothered if its a wild cat or a normal off the shelf calibre.

any thoughts, ?
bob.
I might let you px the tac for my 20" 243 sako ;)

swarovski

6mm 300rum will do 500 shots per barrel I expect, would vapourise foxes,would have to be a well constructed bullet to withstand the hyper velocities, that would shoot flatter than a witches tit :D

Last edited:

bobjs

nice idea but.

If you are still not convinced about .20 calibres, think on this; the gap between .17 and .22 centerfire, in fact 0.172 and 0.224 calibres is some 0.052 thousandths of an inch which in ballistic terms is huge. That’s like having a 0.243 and 0.308 calibre with no 0.257, 0.264, 0.277 and 0.284 calibres between them, and where would we be without the 25-06, 6.5x55mm, .270 Win or any of the 7 mm calibres. Makes you think doesn't it?
One down side is case prep and run at full throttle the .20 Satan barrel life for top accuracy is only 1000 rounds but that’s 1000 dead crows!

not for me,

still thinking of the 6mmbr yet again once bitten forever smitten as with the 20 tactical.,

bob.

bobjs

You should not have sold the one i sold you !

​Keith

Especially as it was a cracking tool Keith. Sadly it was not allowed here for deer so I went down the 243 and 308 road.

Bob.

Ps hope you are well.

dropmdead

Could try a 6-270 or a 6x55. All easy to get a hold of brass, but I really like the thought of a 6 rum! Its not always how many rounds you get out a barrel, but how much fun you get out the barrel!! :D

Yorkie

Bob.
Can i twist your arm to go up the one Calibre to .25cal? The 250 Savage Improved is a little Cartridge that punches well above its weight. Form your Brass from quality Lapua 22-250 too.

Yorkie.

RPA 6MM BR

Especially as it was a cracking tool Keith. Sadly it was not allowed here for deer so I went down the 243 and 308 road.

Bob.

Ps hope you are well.

Hi Bob, are you referring to the BR not being allowed for deer? Why not, they easily achieve the legal energy figures? Shot dozens of Reds and Roe over the years with them. The best calibre for foxing bar none! 6.5x47 lapua is my favourite though for a do it all rifle but if you are defo not going to shoot any deer then its BR all the way.

bobjs

I hope to be speaking to Neil Mckillop today with a view to a 20 br,6mm br or ?,

I love the 6mm br and would like to have another, the one i had ( i am sure it only had a 20" barrel) and did not stoke it to much so went for the 243 and the 308 for larger deer.

not sure on the 22 ppc it’s not a calibre i have looked at in any great detail.

thank you all for your thoughts ill continue to ponder what to do. i am off to Scotland stalking in September (on a invite) but i will be using a estate rifle on those days so i don't have any time constraints as such

thank you

bob.

Klenchblaize

K250.jpg

PSE Composites Limited