What Night vision scope?

mealiejimmy

Bruce, could you explain by what you mean by a magnitude better, the 4K pro using a srx allows me to shoot foxes and rabbits out to distances I am confident in (200yards) and if I wanted to way beyond that and works day or night, so what would be the advantage in a drone pro?
I did say that the X Sight is better than the Drone pro during the day, so no argument there.
The Drone Pro excels for long range foxing.
Its advantage over other NV scopes is its optical magnification and high light sensitivity combined with the ability to handle excessive amounts of IR without "whiting out"
The Drone Pro uses a 108mm focal length objective lens with an aperture of f 1.54.
No other NV scope uses a lens that comes close to that and therefore won't have the same level of optical magnification.
Any other NV scope that is set for x10 magnification is using digital magnification which reduces resolution and image sharpness
The Drone Pro also uses a sensor with large pixels that are much more light sensitive than on any other scope except the Pulsar Digex.
However, the big advantage the Drone pro has over the Digex is the ability of the Drone Pro to hand a wide variation in light levels.
The Digex, while ultimately more sensitive than the Drone Pro only produces a decent image over a very narrow range of light levels and whites out extremely easily.

Cheers

Bruce

Liveonce

When I tried a pard nv008 it also had lag when moved quickly, one reason I went for the 4K, that and the traditional scope fixings.

.243Hunter

The lag is only there if you pan really quickly on the wraith. Following a trotting fox is flawless. Obvs the 32x mag is a gimmick but 16x in daylight and 12 at night are perfect. And 32 usable for checking bullet holes on targets. I was fully prepared to drop cash on an IR upgrade but there’s no need. The stock one is better than my old NM800! I started off with the NM piggy backed on top of the OE mount but whilst it made lambs and Ewes visible enough to have killed them at 5-600 yards, it just wasn’t needed. None of the clips on YouTube do it justice.
LAMBS visible enough to kill them at 500-600yds with a x4 base mag 1080p scope using LED IR illumination.... I'm honestly dumb founded.......ok....... then. :lol:

Last edited:

Crosshair243

Please alongside a rangefinder, its a first for me with that sort of setup.
I’m not sure it’s that exceptional on the right night? I could see sheep clearly identifiable as such in the same field years ago with an N750. Even my Photons would have picked out the ewes.

iain b

to me the only problem with the pard nv008, is that mount. Mine is now on the .22 and a atn Xsight pro on the .17 hmr. The mount it comes with is pants. Hoping some one is going to make a decent aftermarket adjustable one That’s would stand recoil on a centre fire. I got a ZB lite pro modified it works but could be better

DavyG

I did say that the X Sight is better than the Drone pro during the day, so no argument there.
The Drone Pro excels for long range foxing.
Its advantage over other NV scopes is its optical magnification and high light sensitivity combined with the ability to handle excessive amounts of IR without "whiting out"
The Drone Pro uses a 108mm focal length objective lens with an aperture of f 1.54.
No other NV scope uses a lens that comes close to that and therefore won't have the same level of optical magnification.
Any other NV scope that is set for x10 magnification is using digital magnification which reduces resolution and image sharpness
The Drone Pro also uses a sensor with large pixels that are much more light sensitive than on any other scope except the Pulsar Digex.
However, the big advantage the Drone pro has over the Digex is the ability of the Drone Pro to hand a wide variation in light levels.
The Digex, while ultimately more sensitive than the Drone Pro only produces a decent image over a very narrow range of light levels and whites out extremely easily.

Cheers

Bruce
Hi Bruce,
I pondered for some time over NV. I ended up with a digisight coupled with a pbir-s. I can happily thump foxes out to 200 yds. When the ambient light is there (moon) it'll work really well without any ir. It's crap during the day, with an effective range of a little over 100 yards....after that it's just guesswork on anything smaller than "fox size". But....as a NV goes, it gets the job done. The deciding factor for me was I was familiar with the functions (helion XQ user) and it took the same battery...!!!
Regards,
DG
Ps...I'm not "anti-pard" as I use a 007 on a rimfire and it's spot on.

jimmy milnes

Can you still buy a Drone new ??🤔 as it's not possible you have to go for what's available.
Yes I believe that you can, I was talking to a guy "kevgun" who was on a stand at the BSS couple of years back and he told me it's a company in Eastern Europe that makes them. He was also telling me that when the American company were selling them they were still made in Europe and that this was backed by the fact that all the threads were metric not imperial as the yanks use.

Herb64

ENV10 OR Drone Pro with a @Kevgun mount is by far the best setup. Pard 007 in truck incase of a late stay out to slip on a day scope is highly recommendable. Excellent on rimfire as well.

Whitester

If you can get a Barton gunworks pic rail and get your scope forward them simply put a pard 007 on the back . It then has the perfect eye relief and you can switch it to colour mode in the day with the pard on and night vision mode at night. I am starting to move all my scopes forward now

zambezi

Pards look rubbish without exception
Mine looks pretty tidy. It has the appearance of a compact metal framed video camera with onboard IR...which it is. To denigrate the build and finish of all PARDs, you have either been unlucky in your experience or have an axe to grind.

IMG_4915.JPG