Wanted: What SUV

white van man

Looking for an almost new motor for the boss.

Criteria: Auto...Diesel....decent engine size.....balance of manufacturers warranty.....2WD is fine.
Example: Ford Kuga 180ST ticks the boxes.

What else is recommended.

Cheers Steve.

I swapped a 170 BHP DSG Yeti Diesel for a 150 BHP Petrol Subaru Forrester Auto, absolutely love it. Averages 34 MPG. Swapped because Covid shoved me out of a job into retirement so journeys have become shorter due to no commute and didn't want to clog up and ruin my Yeti. The Yeti was a top motor also.

Last edited:
Not strictly an SUV but Audi A6 Allroad quattro with a super efficient diesel v6 268hp (my choice) engine with co2 emission 149g/cm. Air suspension so you can go high ground clearance off road or drop it for efficient road driving. Its an estate so tons of room. Pricey but a fabulous vehicle.

Last edited:
X1 has my centre armrest mechanism which had been filched off an Audi model before I started on the project and I had to make it work. Vorsprung durch diebstahl.

X1 has my centre armrest mechanism which had been filched off an Audi model before I started on the project and I had to make it work. Vorsprung durch diebstahl.
I'm guessing by the 'Bavaria' in the username that you might be talking about all X1's rather than just yours?!

I'm guessing by the 'Bavaria' in the username that you might be talking about all X1's rather than just yours?!
It was a project that I worked on in the town of Amberg for Grammar GmbH in I think it was in 2014. I had to take five weeks off from work for a double cataract op and then when I came back into the office the boss said "did they not tell you?" We have replaced you to keep the project moving on. Peed me right off that did. Got paid two weeks in lieu of due to my strong contract with the agent, me being self employed. Then I went over to Tesla in California.

Got a Rav 4 on a 21 plate and i'm impressed by it... 2.5 litre petrol self charging hybrid AWD, 222 bhp takes you everywhere .

So far i done 1200 miles and averages 49 mpg. Also any Toyota ordered after June 1st, comes with a 10 year warranty...
Have you towed with it?

Value-for-money wise I have been wondering about the Dacia Dusters. I know the first year had rust/paint problems, but subsequently? I mean they are super cheap for the spec.

Back