What time is it getting light at the moment?

oxfordshirestalker

Hi all,
planning to head out on Tuesday morning. Sunrise, according to the BBC is 0527 so I’m just wondering if anyone has any advice on working out what time it gets light in relation to the official sunrise? Mind you, I’m wondering if it’s a major issue as seeing plenty of deer on this ground in the middle of the day at the moment!
thanks

deerstalker.308

Well the earliest you could be shooting would be 1 hour before that so I’d be getting there for a time around then personally... it’ll be totally clear by sunrise time that’s for sure

Essex stalker

Depends where you are stalking, I was in SW Scotland last week and could stalk to 10.00pm, got me head down in car and then it was light enough by 3.30am next morning to go stalking again, back down in east Anglian now and tonight was dark by 8.45pm. Will be seeing what time it gets light tomorrow morning so I can plan for the 1st August

stubear

Personally I always aim to get to where I'm heading an hour before official sunrise, so if sunrise is 0527 then I'd be getting there at 0427.

Theres no point in getting there much earlier than that as you cant legally shoot then anyway (legally "day" is classified as an hour before dawn and an hour after sunset), though sometimes it can be good to sneak into a seat 15 minutes before sun up so you are in situ when 0427 rolls around.

devon deer stalker

I usually get there around 45 mins before sunrise, but if you are stalking Roe Buck at this time of year it isn't that critical as the rut is still on.
However, I am always there an hour before sunrise for Fallow/Red
Cheers
Richard

Oh6

Theres no point in getting there much earlier than that as you cant legally shoot then anyway (legally "day" is classified as an hour before dawn and an hour after sunset)

There have been a fair few foxes caught out, apparently making that assumption at both ends of the day :D

Certainly if you are after roe (Yes, fallow etc would be straight off to the next county), it doesn't normally make much difference and has often resulted in them appearing from cover to find out what all the noise was about...

badbob

"seeing plenty of deer on this ground in the middle of the day "

:zzz:well in that case have a lie in,take a packed lunch,
seriously google sunrise time at your location then get there 1/2 to one hour earlier.
depends on cloud cover of course how light it will be. If you are really keen get in the high seat in the dark.
If stalking best not to start moving until YOU can see what you are doing.