What3words..

Scandially

Can anyone give me a clue as how i use this? I have just been given a text from a forestry worker as to a deer down in a stand alone forest. I'm lost.

Woodsmoke

Download the app first. Then type the words in the text straight into the search bar :thumb:

Screenshot_20210519-121009_what3words.jpg

Last edited:

Sampo

1. Download the app
2. On the screen after you open the map, type in the 3 words you have been given
3. This will point to a location on the map, which is possibly where the deer is

Optional - On iPhone, you can choose either Apple or Google maps. I tend to stick with Google maps.

Alantoo

1. Download the app
2. On the screen after you open the map, type in the 3 words you have been given
3. This will point to a location on the map, which is possibly where the deer is

Optional - On iPhone, you can choose either Apple or Google maps. I tend to stick with Google maps.

Yes me too.

In my iPhone I type or paste the words into the What3Words app and then choose Google maps to navigate to the spot.

Alan

Alantoo

Can anyone give me a clue as how i use this? I have just been given a text from a forestry worker as to a deer down in a stand alone forest. I'm lost.

If you don't already have the app on your phone and cannot download it...post the 3 words on here and someone will look it up and give you a map reference.

Alan

badbob

Get the App it's brilliant. Everyone should have it.
It's intuitive once you've got the app. Just click on the links. Or click on share to send it by email or whatsapp.
Pinpoints exactly.

WH308

If you don’t have the app, you can google what three words and put the words into their website.

willie_gunn

If you don’t have the app, you can google what three words and put the words into their website.

Or - for those old skool amongst us - go to streetmap.co.uk, type in the W3W 3-word address, hit enter, and then click the “click here to convert coordinates” link below the map.

It will then open up a box that shows Lat/Long, nearest postcode, OS grid ref, etc as well as the original W3W address.

@paul o' this ones for you ;) : Streetmap - Convert and measure coordinates