Whats happend to sadler?

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

multiman

Does anybody know whats happend to Sadler?

I bought and paid for a powder trickler last month and I have not recived anything, tryed contacting Sadler with no responce.

Does anybody know if has a problem?

nemo

I believe he's having some personal stuff going on ,give him a bit of time he,ll come good

Brithunter

May I thank you for posting this as it seems with this aid that I have found the thief whom stole my Wafe & Butcher "Boone" knife. I had a certain Mr Moore make a new replacement sheaf for it. We met at a Bisley Show and he took details and outlines of the knife but the one sent did not fit. So after speaking to him on the phone the sheaf along with the knife was sent to him for correction and that's the last I saw of it. Despite several phone calls no knife or paid for sheaf arrived and then the number was no longer connected. Further attempts to contact Mr Moore came up empty and I was told Mr Moore had moved and then I was told he had emigrated but it seems that was a lie.

Ahhh a little note i found on Mr Moores website:-

APRIL 2013 UPDATE:
I have now had my final bad experience of Ebay.
As a result I've closed both my Ebay & PayPal accounts
(PayPal is owned by Ebay)

Once I have found a suitable on-line payment method I will add details to this page;
until then I will only be able to accept bank transfers, cheques and cash...plus trades, of course!

My apologies for any problems this may cause, but I refuse to deal with such firms anymore.

Of course I paid in cash direct into Mr Moores hands as I recall at the show. It will interesting to see what he has to say :-| .

The OP's problem seems to follow the rather all too familiar pattern here I am sorry to say. I would post a photo of the knife but the web connection is at a snails pace today. All the dratted holiday makers with their palm tops etc clogging up the network no doubt................................................ happens every holiday time :banghead: .

deerstalker.308

Brithunter, I can't comment on your experiences, but I would agree with others, my dealings with him have been fine, I've chatted at length over the phone with him in the past too, seemed a decent chap. Hopefully you will resolve your issues amicably in due course.

mallettn

He was very helpful when I bought a strop off him, but he hasn't responded to recent PMs as to when he could supply another.

Brithunter

Brithunter, I can't comment on your experiences, but I would agree with others, my dealings with him have been fine, I've chatted at length over the phone with him in the past too, seemed a decent chap. Hopefully you will resolve your issues amicably in due course.

Well I hope your right but just have to wait and see what reply, if any, I get from Mr Moore. I only dealt with him as others in the classic shooting circle had good things to say about him and his work. He certainly talked a "good deal" however the reality was another story in this case. I included a photo of the knife to refresh Mr Moore memory of it:-

Only sent the one with the original sheath to him, not all three, and of course I realise that a lot on these forums would regard the knife and a junker as it's Sheffield carbon Steel with a rat tail tang but I liked it and it took and held a superb edge. In fact I searched an bought this as about the closest that I could find to it:-

It is also Sheffield carbon Steel.

Jager 375

I spoke to the Saddler last night and my goods arrived this morning as promised.He has been really busy and had got behind with some orders. I had waited approximately two months.

multiman

Powder Trickler turned up today :) If hes having problems It would not have taken much to send a PM.

Brithunter

An update:- Mr Moore replied to my e-mail and further to that he returned my knife by special delivery and it's in front of me as I type this.

All that remains is to get a new sheath made for it. In fact I now require two new leather sheaths as the Richards knife has an imitation leather of some sort as it's material and although functional I would prefer a proper leather sheath for it. So I will start to look around and see what I can come up with.

I must thank Mr Moore for not only returning my knife but also looking after it for several years. Have just given it a clean to welcome it home..

al4x1

amazing what happens when you see him posting on another forum and put a link up to this thread saying he is being missed by people :cool:

Brithunter

Yes and I thank you for it. The contact details I had for him are well out of date and it seems he has moved more than once since the saga began according to his e-mail reply and we all know how things go astray in moving.

PSE Composites Limited