What's on your table for the 25th?

Tim.243

What I have asked our local butcher to do is bone out and roll the back strap/loin of a lamb...
His thoughts was it is a good idea as lots of people order a leg.

We have some nice pheasants in the freezer I have shot while out with the dog, Dad and I love them cold with pickles, fresh brown bread and butter for evening tea.

Tim.243

Hornet 6

Chicken curry, and if christmas is really good to me I'll not notice it passing.
(we'll apart from the lack of choice on tv)

Neil.

Dawnraider

A nice big iberico bellota jamon ,well it was last year this year it will probably be a serrano ,sod all that cooking lark.

VSS

A home-grown chicken, weighing in at about 18 pounds. This will be completely boned out, then stuffed with a boned out duck, which in turn is stuffed with a boned out pheasant. Home made sausage meat in the middle (own pigs), and all spare spaces between birds filled with home-cured bacon. Whole thing sewn shut and slow roasted. Amazing.

The fourth Horseman

T'would be the same beef for us Gents but management has decided to move the festivities oop Norf. Still not too bad crispy whole duck each I believe but I will have withdrawal symptoms with no venison

Kjf

You our sir are a man after my own heart will be the same in my house.

Me too,

rib of beef, nowt finer to thy tastebuds,

plus venison and pheasant and whatever other game I have in the freezer

obviously followed by a wee dram( OK OK A BOTTLE) of single malt with my grandfather

kjf

OISÍN

Fore rib of beef and a sucking pig, Boxing Day a 7 bird roast and whatever is remaining from the previous day.

paul o'

Well we'v just got home from Makro's ! so it loin of scotch beef and welsh lamp . As hate bloody Turkey

SimpleSimon

I'm at the in-laws, so it'll be local farm turkey and probably some kind of pork/ham/gammon with all the usual add-ons. Personally Turkey doesn't excite me, but if I'm lucky the father in law will have a bottle of decent port tucked away somewhere, which I will do my best to make a large hole in... The wife is currently off drinking and can't complain if she has to drive back!

teyhan1

Home grown goose, home grown lamb, home grown pork, locally shot and home processed venison.
Next year I am having my own turkey and chicken too.
Also if I get my own way a small deer enclosure will just round it off.

Co1

If recent outings are anything to go by, I'll be going hungry. Got 2 days an the pheasants between now and Christmas so there is hope yet.

greenshoots

duck and turkey and cold cuts on boxing day after weve taking my 93 year old mother in law out to pub bless her

greenshoots