What's this bug?

Yorkshire lad

Been out stalking tonight and shot a little buck. On walking back found this little bug. I've never seen one before and wondered how many others know what it is, I have another pic that will help but I would like to see what people think out of interest.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 297
Looks like the larval stage of some type of beetle and almost like a Ladybird one but bigger

Well done! Glow worm it is. I've never seen one before. Thought it was a fag end at first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 23
Glow worm like this one..........

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

I wish i was a Glow Worm.
A Glow Worm's never Glum.
How could you be unhappy,
when the Sun shines out your Bum.

Well done! Glow worm it is. I've never seen one before. Thought it was a fag end at first.

I have seen my first glow worms in the last week. I saw 1 last week and 2 last night. All were in the same field.

When I first spotted it I thought I must have dropped something that glowed!!! It was only on closer inspection that it was indeed a glow worm. See below photos.

I have seen fire flies in Germany, this is the first time in my 30 years that I have seen a glow worm!!

:rofl: nice to see you are just like the rest of us brave chaps and kept ya gloves on just in case ;)
ahhh the old glow worm, hot nights and the sweet smell of fox !!

Back