Whats this??

karamoja

I shot this fix on Sunday morning. Its front half was covered in these white things of varying sizes. They look abit like but are not ticks? They appear to be some kind of larval sack?
Any ideas, thanks K

Attachments

karamoja

I wish I had I vestigated further now! They looked like ticks but no head or anything? They seemed to be some kind of larval sack? I have taken lots of deer and foxes from here and never seen a tick on a beast from here before. I have seen lots on animals from Thetford and Scotland before that I have shot covered in ticks. I wish I had investigated further now!!
Cheers K

karamoja

Fair enough! But I have seen lots ticks over the last forty years. These were different in appearance they were white or cream in colour? Very strangly there were no legs or head on the ones I took off???

banus

good evening ,i know what you mean.i have seen this on longdogs and the ticks whole body becomes enveloped in the blood sack and when they have consumed the stored blood they start again or just fall off! you may have found a new species, i am told there are a few different types but they all look the same to me.horrible little things.