What's your stalking?

UK Outfitters

Which of these would best describe the majority of your stalking?


  • Total voters
    0

snowstorm

Well-Known Member
I'd like to see if there is a particular stalking set-up which applies to the stalkers on here, or whether people's experiences are more diverse.

All of these options are what I have seen people describe on the forum.

Take it as read that I won't cover every eventuality here. I'll take it as read that you won't agree with the principle of many of them. They've all been criticised in one way or another. No need to comment, you can just vote.
 

Claret_Dabbler

Well-Known Member
Snowstorm, my stalking is a combination of several of your list and one important one not on the list.

I do get occasional free invites to stalk. I buy a few days stalking most years, just to have something different to do, or to have a go at a species not available to me at home.

I also have access to several hundred acres of farmland were I can go whenever I like. This is an entirely free permission. The farmer had more deer on his land than he was happy about, and he just wanted some one to thin them out. I am happy to provide this service gratis!! 8)
 

WAYNE DAVIES

Distinguished Member
Snowstorm
I know you said no need to comment but most of my stalking foc.
I manage the deer and split the venison with the landowners ?

Wayne
 

reiver

Well-Known Member
snowstorm
All my stalking and vermin and pest control is via word of mouth and it is free of charge as on a lot of land were i shoot the owners have being plagued by people wanting too come and shoot on there land and then making themselves a nuisance or worse so they would rather have one gun who dose the job for free and is trustworthy rather than being payed by some shooters who end up being Cnuts. All the farmers that have asked me to shoot on there land say that the money doesn't not cover the hassle .
All it cost me is a few box,s of chocolates at Christmas.

Bob
 

snowstorm

Well-Known Member
I did have more options, including combinations of the above - but the system said I had too many choices so I just left the more obvious ones.
 
D

Davie

Guest
sORRY SNOWY BUT I THINK ONE OF YOUR OPTIONS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DO YOU GET STALKING FOR FREE. MINE DONT COST ME INFACT I GET A FEW FREE BOTTLES OF WHISKY AT THE END OF THE YEAR. ;)
I CANT JOIN THE POLL
 

willie_gunn

Well-Known Member
Snowstorm

Not really any of the above!

I am a 'retained' stalker as part of a deer management team on a number of local estates. I get to go stalking when I want, can take out/guide clients, but also have the option to pay for a 'trophy' if that's what I decide to shoot.

willie_gunn
 

snowstorm

Well-Known Member
6.5 - I imagine you'd be something like 2, you can ignore the 'occasional'.

willie - I pictured being part of a formal management team as being the 2nd to last. or maybe the last as you get 'paid' in stalking to go go stalking.

Do try and put youselves in somewhere, it's the overall picture that will be interesting.
 

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Well, I'm in the same boat mine is for free as well. I shall be signing a lease later on for a forestry block next year that will be exclusively for site members. Now what category that will fall in I have no idea there is no intention to make a profit, there again if it pays for itself is another question. You decide where you want me to fit in and I will go along with it.

John
 
D

Davie

Guest
Snowy i dont get invited mate i invite others occasionally well three times a week and stalking over 10.000 acres ps that's a guess.
i sympathies with your post as it was a good one but dont cover a lot of folk.hope your not working for the di
 

snowstorm

Well-Known Member
6.5 x 55 said:
Snowy i dont get invited mate i invite others occasionally well three times a week and stalking over 10.000 acres ps that's a guess.
i sympathies with your post as it was a good one but dont cover a lot of folk.hope your not working for the di

47 people over 1 day, covers more than most votes. It just doesnt cover you.

You could set up a one question poll to see how many people get 10,000 free acres to stalk for no payment or work plus free whiskey!

No wonder you're out 3 days a week with 10,000 acres to cover.
 

stone

Well-Known Member
Re: deer stalking poll

Ye old stalker said:
Hi, I fall into 1 and 3 :( have a good Xmas everybody ye old stalker

don't worry ole boy :lol:
give me a shout in jan, sure i can sort u a day out with me ;)
on one codition you bring the youngster along to see how training has been going
nice pup you hav there ;)
 

Ye old stalker

Well-Known Member
stalking poll

:D :D Stone your a true gentleman that's something to look forward to in the new year. Need cheering up got back home after a day working my springer's on a shoot I beat on ,to find the dog thieves have paid me a visite and smashed in the back gate to my yard and have stolen three of my dogs two Dogue de Bordeaux dogs and my old patterdale bitch, don't ask me how they managed it as they are usually good guards. a friend of the wife who lives a couple of streets away said a couple of scruffy blokes said they was selling double glazing ask if she had a dog as they could hear one barking ( she has two cockers ) they asked if they could see them as they liked dogs , she refused, after they had gone she phoned the police as she thought they were suspicious , seems a bit of a coincidence. :evil: :evil: Hope they rot in hell All the best Paul
 

howa243

Well-Known Member
What kind of scutter do you have to be to nick a mans dog. Sorry to hear the story ye old stalker and hope they get returned soon.
 

downwind

Well-Known Member
Re: stalking poll

Ye old stalker said:
:D :D Stone your a true gentleman that's something to look forward to in the new year. Need cheering up got back home after a day working my springer's on a shoot I beat on ,to find the dog thieves have paid me a visite and smashed in the back gate to my yard and have stolen three of my dogs two Dogue de Bordeaux dogs and my old patterdale bitch, don't ask me how they managed it as they are usually good guards. a friend of the wife who lives a couple of streets away said a couple of scruffy blokes said they was selling double glazing ask if she had a dog as they could hear one barking ( she has two cockers ) they asked if they could see them as they liked dogs , she refused, after they had gone she phoned the police as she thought they were suspicious , seems a bit of a coincidence. :evil: :evil: Hope they rot in hell All the best Paul
Don't know you, you don't know me, but that is absolutely shite news for you. I hope you get your dogs back and soon!! Anyone who can stoop that low--- I think all on this forum have the answer to scum who do this sort of thing. It comes in various sizes--------!!. Downwind.
 

Trapper

Well-Known Member
Ye old stalker
just seen this post , Gutted for you , I would hope all turns out well, you bet your arse it was the bastards who came a calling , I hope they burn :evil: :evil: :evil:
Trapper.
 

stone

Well-Known Member
Paul
i'm so sorry to hear this
i used to work for a gundog training kennels, we were broken into twice and we lost a few dogs on each occassion :evil: :evil:
the feeling it leaves, :cry:
i hope your dogs are traced and brought back safe and sound
my deepest regards
Rich
 

Max

Well-Known Member
Ye Old Stalker

Truely sorry to hear of the loss of your dogs, hope they are returned to you soon and unharmed

Very best regards

Max
 

Tee2

Member
snowstorm said:
6.5 x 55 said:
Snowy i dont get invited mate i invite others occasionally well three times a week and stalking over 10.000 acres ps that's a guess.
i sympathies with your post as it was a good one but dont cover a lot of folk.hope your not working for the di

47 people over 1 day, covers more than most votes. It just doesnt cover you.

You could set up a one question poll to see how many people get 10,000 free acres to stalk for no payment or work plus free whiskey!

No wonder you're out 3 days a week with 10,000 acres to cover.

Snowy

The BS gets stacked up pretty high around Wireviz/Longshot/6.5X55
 
Night Vision Store
Top