Which bipod?

Orion

Good link and review, although a few with good pedigree missing from that roundup?

The MagPul bipod is what I’m currently considering and appears to be well worth the money.

hammer 1

I am probably out of touch with the new products out there. A better one may exist, but I have a versa old and have for some time. I hate all sorts of exposed springs, and such, to become muddled up, with grass and foliage

Rusty Gate

Can I throw a cheeky question in. I've Boyds laminate stock, the fore end has an uminium rail recessed in front of the swivel. Is this for a bipod?

8x57

Distinguished Member
Can I throw a cheeky question in. I've Boyds laminate stock, the fore end has an uminium rail recessed in front of the swivel. Is this for a bipod?
It can be used to mount a bipod using the correct adapter but its intended for mounting a shooting sling and or a handstop. Its normally referred to as a UIT rail but s called an Anschutz rail by some as its the type of rail normally found on target rifles.

Muir

As I mentoned in an earlier post, I have a (now three of) the new MagPul bipods on various rifles. I have had nothing but good experiences with them shooting off of all kinds of surfaces.~Muir