Which bore guide(s)

Irish Bob

I would like to buy a bore guide. Thinking of a Proshot.

For use on Sako 85 .308 75 .3006 and 75 .243.

If Proshot which model or models will I need. The website is a bit confusing. (I am assuiming that one will do the 308 and 243. Will the 3006 need to be a different model?).

Any other makes recommended?

Thanks in advance.

Klenchblaize

I can't say I've tried them all but don't be surprised if you find your current patching arrangement needs to be modified/down-scaled to accommodate use of a bore guide.

K

Redneck

No it wont cut down patching arrangement if using correct sized patches.

I have used a few different ones, Hard to beat the white nylon type ( I think Possum Hollow ) with solvent ports. I also have Shooting shed custom jobs for two tikka rifles but had to drill a solvent hole and they could be doing with being a bit longer at the rear but extremely well machined items.

Redneck

Sorry but I only use calibre sized patches, even one size up tend to be almost impossible to patch through a barrel.

I must be missing something here

Klenchblaize

Sorry but I only use calibre sized patches, even one size up tend to be almost impossible to patch through a barrel.

I must be missing something here
Only that I like to use tight patches after the first few solvent drenched passes and find I can only do this with the guide removed. With my .25 cal I use one and a half patches to give me the desired 'resistance'.

Of course I may be the only shooter to adopt such an approach which wouldn't surprise me so please ignore!

K