Which Gaiters

Beretta man

After buying a pair of Mendle boots I'm looking out for a good pair of gaiters that won't brake the bank...
Any recamendations

Cadex

I have had more gaiters than tongue can tell, but after much expenditure I've settled on two different pairs for different applications. . .

For beating and working the dog I use ex army gaiters, they take the absolute worst abuse, thorns and gorse without any damage.

For general stalking and shooting I use a pair of Mc Gaiters, and find them to be warm, waterproof and very comfortable, just not so suitable for barbed wire, thorns etc etc.

Mick9abf

Not the cheapest but Berghaus Yeti gaiters are the best I've used although they are too warm for summer use on the hill.

I've had two pairs and they have never let me down, the only disadvantage is that unless your boot has the correct sole they don't work as they should. Mine are on a pair of old Scarpa Manta's which have what I think was called the 'attack' or similar sole.

gixer1

Another vote for McGaiters here - they are so easy to put on and clean and you don't have the annoying but under the sole of your shoe, I have stepped into water deeper than my hiking boots and these will keep the water out as long as you are quick in getting out!

Regards,

Gixer

Discopete

Berghaus yeti or if your lucky find a pair of Kammo gaiters. No problem in water or this weeks snow and slush.

Markfox

My local gunship does some green waxed gaiters for about £10-£15 made in England
only use them when it's really bad but never had a problem they are always dry underneath I personally don't feel the need for anything dearer

dom8328

As mentioned earlier, berghaus yet is but with correct boot sole or the army issued one's, they can take a real beating but last for years.

Dom

375win

Not to be a sourpuss but this was discussed at great lenght in a thread not too long ago :old:

Cadex

I notice a number of members recommending yeti gaiters, I don't know if I just received a pair of Friday afternoon duffers but I wouldn't touch Berghaus boots or gaiters again with the proverbial badge pole.

Berghaus Kibo Boots

Hungry hunter

I notice a number of members recommending yeti gaiters, I don't know if I just received a pair of Friday afternoon duffers but I wouldn't touch Berghaus boots or gaiters again with the proverbial badge pole.

Berghaus Kibo Boots
I bought a pair of berghaus gaiters recently (not yeti's), and first day out, wet trousers. I had to use the nik wax proofer but even with that they aren't keeping me dry.

Danny rem mag

Rivers West; soft, silent, easy to put on, waterproof, tearproof & you can wear them higher up your leg if going through deep stuff. Worn over harkila pro hunter GTX.

Klenchblaize

a. Black Islander green with K modified top closing for Hill and Lowland Backwoods.

b. Paramo silky blue for that post hill walk comfy feeling while perched on a Stoat & Firkin bar stool giving the Barmaid grief.

K