Which laser IR to add to the Pard NV007

243varmint

So I've been using the Pard for a couple of years now and I think it's the best bang for your buck.

So. Close range happy with the built in IR just would like a bit more power for further out to get a more clearer picture.

Don't want to spend a fortune.
So any thoughts please?
VSCEL laser.
Does going 940nm greatly effect range/clarity or am I better sticking with 850nm?

Any 'fieldtested' compact IR recommendations?
Cheers
Jon

Not got a Pard but was using a ward800 on a Sightron STAC with a black sun dark engine IR. Could ID foxes at 400-500yds. Was a big improvement when I moved from a night master with ruby pill installed. Easy to use because I just left it on full power mode then used the beam focus in/out which covered all ranges I was shooting at.

940nm will not illuminate as far as 850, so unless your potential quarry is spooked by 850nm, I wouldn't go with 940nm
This type of vcsel IR is probably the best bang for your buck at the moment
same thing - different name Black Sun V20 VCSEL Laser IR illuminator
These are good vcsel based IR illuminators - the only issue I had was that the beam wandered around a bit as the focus was changed from flood to spot.

Cheers

Bruce

940nm will not illuminate as far as 850, so unless your potential quarry is spooked by 850nm, I wouldn't go with 940nm
These are good vcsel based IR illuminators - the only issue I had was that the beam wandered around a bit as the focus was changed from flood to spot.

Cheers

Bruce
I’m using one of those with a Wraith, and it’s a good unit for the money. I’ve got it on an adjustable mount so I can dial it in to the scope (it never seems to be quite the same each time I put it on).

Cheers

Bruce

I’m using one of those with a Wraith, and it’s a good unit for the money. I’ve got it on an adjustable mount so I can dial it in to the scope (it never seems to be quite the same each time I put it on).
I have the Ludicrous Lumens version available for sale with the LL adjustable mount.

Cheers

Bruce
That any good for the pard 008 Bruce - I’ve a similar question for that unit?

I’ve stuck with 850 as prefer the range for foxing. Yes - some of them definitely see it but only had one react badly. Another vote for the Ludicrous Lumens Wraith with 3x lens from me…..Not the cheapest but best I’ve used👍

had one that looked like that but it did not last long, may have been copy, was trying to find a ball joint type which I have seen in use. sorry to hijack thread . thanks for help tozzybum

Burris Signature Zee ring
this has a ball type plastic insert that allows the torch beam to be directed exactly where you want and then, when the ring is tightened, the beam does not move at all. The ring can be removed and refitted and the beam will still be pointing in exactly the same position.
The downside is that you have buy a pair.

Cheers

Bruce

The 940nm gave a nice clear picture with my 007 but the range was severely compromised, the 850nm was the best of both worlds both were black sun dark engines and I would happily buy another

had one that looked like that but it did not last long, may have been copy, was trying to find a ball joint type which I have seen in use. sorry to hijack thread . thanks for help tozzybum
The Chinese copy's about 10 to 15 quid probably same as buying a Harris bipod vs 20 quid ying tong iddle I poh copy 👍

Back